[3.x]Call to Adventure: Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The bronze mirrors weigh the same and cost 500 quatloos each.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Malagos decides to pass.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

We're off to kill the basilisk, then?
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Anybody want to make a Knowledge (Nature) check?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

No ranks.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Me neither.

If survival's usable for this, Orr's got a +4 and Archimedes has a +8.

Malogos has a +11 to Knowledge Nature.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Is the campaign winding down or is there still space for a backup hero to enter the game?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Things have been going slow and I'm not sure if the party is going to survive this next encounter, but I don't have any problems with it. Guys?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I don't mind.

On another note I'll be out next week from Monday night-Friday morning. I won't have my computer but I'll try to post by phone.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I've got no objections to another player. Sorry about the slow posting. School and work have been really draining my spirits lately. I need to submit something to finish the former and I'm hoping I can manage by this week. Once that's done, I'll post more often.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Is any of the goop still on Archimedes' head?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Yes, Archimedes' head is still encased in goo.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Ancient History wrote:(assuming Orr blinks through the soil instead trying to fly straight through it) Orr flies up above the mushroom tops. At the entrance, he sees a large, horned green lizard with wings. It appears to be retching and trying to scrape it's tongue against a large 'shroom.
Does it look like the Basilisk Orr saw earlier?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Nope. Only four legs and it has wings, plus the horned head.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Not sure if Orr would know that fire blasting Archimedes would cure his slowness. Does Malogos know about that?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

<rolls> Yes, Malagos would know that.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Ancient History wrote:Orr moves up close to it and channels fire; flames lick around the cave entrance, but Orr feels...resistance...and the creature does not appear to take any damage.
Was that fire resistance or spell resistance? In case it was the latter, minor channeling abilities are supernatural, not spell like and thus not subject to spell resistance. Also, if that was spell resistance, was Orr able to nauseate it for two rounds (it's probably been longer than that, but whether or not that worked, it should still be sickened) when he channeled water afterwards?
Ancient History wrote:Archimedes flies straight up. Orr follows closely behind on foot, and sees the iron half-minotaur get engulfed from behind in a pink-colored cloud. The half-minotaur begins fleeing away from the source of the cloud as fast as his wings can carry him, moving in a straight line. Orr turns to look at the source and sees the winged lizard-think, wisps of pinkish gas wafting from its nostrils and fang-filled mouth. Bits of glitterdust still cover its head and eyes. It barks out some sort of vocalization; Orr picks up gist of the sentiment telepathically: *Run*.
Is the lizard thing in mid air?

Also, does Malogos know anything about this creature?
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

radthemad4 wrote:
Ancient History wrote:Orr moves up close to it and channels fire; flames lick around the cave entrance, but Orr feels...resistance...and the creature does not appear to take any damage.
Was that fire resistance or spell resistance?
Orr doesn't know, but he doesn't like it.
In case it was the latter, Elemental Siphon abilities (except Ethereal Planeshift) are supernatural, not spell like and thus not subject to spell resistance. Also, if that was spell resistance, was Orr able to nauseate it for two rounds (it's probably been longer than that, but whether or not that worked, it should still be sickened) when he channeled water afterwards?
The flying lizard looks a little nauseous, but that might just be because it was puking earlier.
Ancient History wrote:Archimedes flies straight up. Orr follows closely behind on foot, and sees the iron half-minotaur get engulfed from behind in a pink-colored cloud. The half-minotaur begins fleeing away from the source of the cloud as fast as his wings can carry him, moving in a straight line. Orr turns to look at the source and sees the winged lizard-think, wisps of pinkish gas wafting from its nostrils and fang-filled mouth. Bits of glitterdust still cover its head and eyes. It barks out some sort of vocalization; Orr picks up gist of the sentiment telepathically: *Run*.
Is the lizard thing in mid air?
No. The lizard is on the ground, immediately opposite the side of the burrow-hole where the ramp starts.
Also, does Malogos know anything about this creature?
If Malagos thinks to check, he'd say it has many of the attributes of a bronze dragon. Except for the color.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Does Gust of Wind have any effect on gaseous breath weapons?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Does Archimedes know anything about what just happened?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

He knows that he is now moving as fast away from the dragon as possible, and he knows that this is some outside effect. The compulsion seems to be diminishing with time and should wear off soon.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Malagos recalls the basic abilities of bronze dragons, as recorded in their entry on d20.org; the social aspects are a little hazy - the night he should have been studying for his dragons exam, he got caught up in the chapter on dracoliches.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Malagos recalls that a young or older bronze dragon can assume any animal or humanoid form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form. It was the final question on his Dragons 201 exam.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Have to go to Florida and back again today, we'll pick this up at the Basilisk's Lair, probably tomorrow.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Wait, so are you going ahead and down or to the left?