An idea for an alchemy feat.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

An idea for an alchemy feat.

Post by AndreiChekov »

Alchemist [Skill]
You make spells out of mundane materials.
(Caster level of spells is always equal to spell level.)

0: +3 craft alchemy checks

4: You can craft 5 flasks of alchemists fire, or acid by giving up 10 gp and an hour of your time.
You needen't make a craft alchemy check to do this.
You can also create a flasks or potion of a spell with a dc 15 craft alchemy check, 1 hour of time, and 10 gp.
Doing this gives you a flask or potion of bless, cure light wounds, entangle, burning hands, or longstrider.
Caster level is equal to spell level.

9: You can craft potions or flasks from the first rank in 10 minutes instead of an hour.
With a DC17 craft alchemy check, 1 hour of time, and 20 gp, you can make potions of spider climb, cat's grace,
or cure moderate wounds.
With a DC18 craft alchemy check, 1 hour of time, and 30 gp, you can make flasks of fireball, and stinking cloud.

14: You can craft potions or flasks from the second rank in 10 minutes instead of an hour, and from the first
rank in 1 minute instead of 10.
With a DC19 craft alchemy check, 1 hour of time, and 40 gp, you can make a potion of heal, flight, greater
invisibility, cone of cold, or divine might.

19: You can apply sneak attack to any creature affected by a flask you throw. (Not just the one that you hit.)
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

I guess my major criticism is that what you're trying to accomplish would be more functional and adaptable if it was basically an Artificer that specialized in potions. As it is, you're making one of those "let's add these spells to your spell list" feats.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Ancient History wrote:I guess my major criticism is that what you're trying to accomplish would be more functional and adaptable if it was basically an Artificer that specialized in potions. As it is, you're making one of those "let's add these spells to your spell list" feats.
I personally like those types of feats. And this one gives a flavour of not being magical yourself, which has mattered for a few characters that I have had.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Sure, if you're a potion-flinger rogue, I guess. I'm not sure it's going to matter much after about level 10, though.