Darkest Night Released

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Any news on what changes are going in to it? I hope you can bake quests into the main game.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Manxome
Knight-Baron

Post by Manxome »

The Kickstarter for Darkest Night second edition is now live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/56 ... nd-edition
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

And then it was just as quickly made un-live. Looks like they're adjusting it and will try again next week. Awkward.
Manxome
Knight-Baron

Post by Manxome »

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Two and three player variant modes, praise the lord.

I am completely down for this.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

Okay, this second shot at the Kickstarter has me so much more for it than the first go.
-One box for all the stuff? Sold.
-minis as a separate box, thus keeping costs down? Fucking love it.
-Stretchgoals that are broadly applicable, rather than gradually adding minis to expansions? Superb.

Great work retooling the campaign, Manxome (and friends). Pretty sure I'm going to have to throw money at this now.
Manxome
Knight-Baron

Post by Manxome »

We're funded! But we could still use help to reach the stretch goals.

The first stretch goal is 3 new powers for each of the 29 heroes (1 of which is a starting option), plus the new "sparks" resource that can be spent for extra dice.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

For those who didn't know, VPG decided to include all stretch goals with Darkest Night, at the price of not making extra copies for distribution to retail stores. Not sure how much possible profit was lost there, but I really appreciate it.

Also the proofing step just got finished. Darkest Night is the first KS I've backed that gave honest-to-god weekly updates.
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

I am VERY pleased I backed this one, and very much looking forward to receiving it. Let me tell you, after some of the Kickstarters I've backed, the weekly updates, the constant feedback? It's the best.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

All quiet for the last couple weeks now. How's it going Manxome? Sounds like quality on the minis has been hell.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Is 2nd edition available for purchase outside of the Kickstarter? My wife read a review of the game and wants to pick it up.
Manxome
Knight-Baron

Post by Manxome »

Apparently I somehow accidentally stopped "watching" this topic and so was not notified of replies. Sorry!

I believe the game can still be preordered from the "pledge manager" here:
https://victorypointgames.pledgemanager ... rticipate/

The current state of things is that we have finished futzing around fixing the details, so now the real print run is officially in-progress and essentially out of our hands. Backers are supposed to receive their copies in December.

You can see a history of campaign updates here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/56 ... -0/updates
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

The wait has been killing me. Can you guys give us any teasers from the design notes?
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Congrats!
Manxome
Knight-Baron

Post by Manxome »

...You Lost Me wrote:The wait has been killing me. Can you guys give us any teasers from the design notes?
Here you go - VPG has put the first ~40 pages of designer's commentary into the latest update.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Holy crap this thing is dense.