Champions 5e movement question

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Champions 5e movement question

Post by Sir Neil »

I got Champions of the North for my birthday, and I'm trying to figure out how fast the NPCs are. One has SPD 7 and flight 33"/1056", another has running 21"/6" with SPD 6. I have Champions Complete, but it doesn't seem to address converting inches into MPH.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Each game scale inch is 2 meters and SPD is how many times you get to move that speed in a 12-second round

So SPD * Movement * noncombat multiples * 5 yields meters per minute. That times 60 yields meters per hour. That divided by 1000 yields kph. That times approx 0.62 gives you MPH. Note that any Champs character has a base x2 Noncombat multiple.

Note also that movement powers can be pushed by up to 10 active points (which is +5 inches of running or flying for a single segment) - allowing for short bursts to exceed the normal movement speed. And if you want to know how fast your character can run a marathon or something, then the optional Long-Term End rules may come into play - yielding for a somewhat slower overland movement rate.
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

Great! Thanks.
Koumei wrote:If other sites had plenty of good homebrew stuff the Den wouldn't need to exist. We don't come here because we like each other.