The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Shadowrun Returns - Recommended Community-made content?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Korwin wrote:
Koumei wrote:
Including both of the recent-ish "It's Shadowrun but it isn't called Shadowrun"
What are they called/What are you talking about?

Satellite Reign and Invisible Inc.
Longes
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OgreBattle wrote:
found out today that Duncan can subdue stunned enemies for a non lethal way to eliminate foes. He seems to be the only character that can do that though.

There is precisely one place in the game where that makes a distinction.
Shady314
Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Longes wrote:
What disappointed me is that all three stories are about big bad magic thing comming to conquer the world

Though quite short the Hong Kong extended edition is thankfully just about dirty cops and corporate maneuvering.
Korwin
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shady314 wrote:
Longes wrote:
What disappointed me is that all three stories are about big bad magic thing comming to conquer the world

Though quite short the Hong Kong extended edition is thankfully just about dirty cops and corporate maneuvering.
And an demon godess (or something along that line), which you beat up.

I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Shady314
Knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Korwin wrote:
Shady314 wrote:
Longes wrote:

And an demon godess (or something along that line), which you beat up.

No that's the base game. I said the extended edition.
SlyJohnny
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Longes wrote:
OgreBattle wrote:
found out today that Duncan can subdue stunned enemies for a non lethal way to eliminate foes. He seems to be the only character that can do that though.

What place is that?
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SlyJohnny wrote:
Longes wrote:
OgreBattle wrote:

What place is that?

There's a woman in her underwear in an apartment kitchen that's the girlfriend of your target who's in the apartment bedroom. When you grab the guy and drag him elsewhere for interrogation he accuses you of being an amoral mercenary 'cause you killed his girlfriend. If you had Duncan subdue her instead he remarks something along the lines of just beating her unconscious.

Other than that, subduing is good for taking out high hitpoint/armor metahumans in a one-two "stun and subdue" combo.
SlyJohnny
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that's neat. I think I hit that guy in the car park and therefore missed that sequence. Yeah, the subdue move combos well with Duncan's shock baton.

I actually forgot/never realised they were planning to release an extra campaign for Hong Kong. I logged back into the game just now to check out the recommendation for Nightmare Harvest, and noticed there's a new dev-released content. Thanks, you guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: