Building things from scratch: Design Principles.

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

RobG
Apprentice

Post by RobG »

Leap year

BUMP

See you in 2020
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I respect your dedication.
RobG
Apprentice

Post by RobG »

It's all I have left.

bump..
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Re: Building things from scratch: Design Principles.

Post by Zaranthan »

Well, I don't mind digging up fifteen year old conversations just to throw in my shower thoughts.
FrankTrollman wrote:I'd much prefer a system in which you could intuit the fact that someone was weak to swording because they relied upon non-sword attacks preferentially.
Is there anything wrong with the Fire Emblem RPS system?

Red Magic beats Green Magic beats Blue Magic beats Red Magic

Take a page out of the mobile gacha FE Heroes where fighters have magic colors that ignore what weapon they're actually holding.

Also take a page from FE 1, where all the named characters have TWO weapons. So you can attack with two types, but whatever you use to attack with, you're stuck defending with until your next turn. Mooks don't get this option.

Make it so you can ascertain what color magic somebody's using as a free action by looking at them, no skill check.
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
Robertg
NPC

Re: Building things from scratch: Design Principles.

Post by Robertg »

Bought a new computer in the past 4 years so it didn't have my password and I didn't remember it so I created a new account so I could do this

Bump..