No
47%
Maybe
27%

Total votes: 30

Eikre
Knight-Baron

Post by Eikre »

Prak wrote:But moreover... I fucking agreed that maybe I was being overly concerned and the whole thing is dumb, so why the fuck are people still showing up to say "Prak you're dumb?"
actually I think you may find that it is, in fact, randy mulhorand that made a dumb and pearl-clutching statement and whose webcomic with which I am contrasting same.

I don't know why you think it matters whether he is running for president. Nobody calling Ted Cruz the zodiac killer is running for president, either, with the one time exception of Ted Cruz himself.
This signature is here just so you don't otherwise mistake the last sentence of my post for one.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak wrote:But moreover... I fucking agreed that maybe I was being overly concerned and the whole thing is dumb, so why the fuck are people still showing up to say "Prak you're dumb?"
Because no one is doing that and you are overly sensitive and butthurt about nothing?

I didn't see fucking Eikre saying shit about you. If insulting someone else completely counts as personal insult against you just because you mentioned their name, then I feel really bad for whomever mentioned Zak S first.

(It would be really funny if that was Prak.)

But yes, regarding your whole "He's not running for President thing":

1) Neither are the people making fun of Cruz.
2) If things are bad because people will be upset to hear about them, then they are bad in proportion to the people who are upset when they hear about them, not in proportion to the people who hear about them. So since the Zodic Killer killed a small number of people decades ago, it's probably the case that zero people are hurt by a joke about the Zodiac Killer, so if one of his dumb jokes managed to hurt a single person, that would make him worse.

3) People can change their mind. But he didn't. He's still an asshole who doesn't care about other people's feelings and just wants to defend Ted Cruz.
Last edited by Kaelik on Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

It makes us happy.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

People who make general points on a subject you raised, without mentioning your name or quoting any text written by you, are not automatically making a point to you specifically or trying to hurt your feelings. Get over yourself.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Alright, whatever. Tumblr's ruined me, blah blah blah.
Kaelik wrote:I didn't see fucking Eikre saying shit about you. If insulting someone else completely counts as personal insult against you just because you mentioned their name, then I feel really bad for whomever mentioned Zak S first.

(It would be really funny if that was Prak.)
Go ahead and laugh, Kaelik, because aside from, I believe, AH sharing the "snakes are books" post, I think I was the person who mentioned Zak S first here in a "look at this dumbshit idea" sense
Last edited by Prak on Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Eikre
Knight-Baron

Post by Eikre »

I will concede, to be fair, that when I paraphrased RKM's original quote, I nested it in a quotebox attributed to you. This was a formatting choice that I made so that the successive quoteboxes would be visually subordinate to the notion which they were refuting, but I do not fail to see why you might feel implicated.
This signature is here just so you don't otherwise mistake the last sentence of my post for one.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

And I was being dumb. There's probably something of my current sleep habits to that, but I was being dumb, at nearly every point of this thread.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Kaelik wrote:3) People can change their mind. But he didn't. He's still an asshole who doesn't care about other people's feelings and just wants to defend Ted Cruz.
You are probably wrong on this point. I'm pretty sure Milholland is liberal on social issues. I have no idea if he's confused himself into thinking there are Republican moderates with whom he agrees on economically or any shit like that, but he would not be a fan of Cruz. He is just one of the many fucking idiots who has decided that Bad Things(tm) are taboo humor.

"Think of the victims" is the hip new "think of the children."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

It's also possible that he just feels serial killers are a shitty thing to joke about, as he still does Something Positive. It has, however, gotten less "lol, abortion" and is more just about the snark of the characters in the last few years.