Any RPGs with Gender War settings?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

hyzmarca
Prince

Any RPGs with Gender War settings?

Post by hyzmarca »

Remember that episode of Star Trek where men and women were totally segregated from each other and never interacted except violently?

Is there any RPG, good or terrible, that takes place in such a gender war setting? Where men and women are divided into two monogendered nations that are in constant conflict with each other. And all reproduction is done through cloning, (or gentlemen's agreements that involve the all-male country sending canisters of sperm to the all-female country) but in any case the masses don't know how sexual reproduction works or even that it's possible, and the two genders consider each other to be incompatible alien species.

Of all the crazy dystopian sci-fi futures, it's an interesting one to explore, as well as as that is so absurd that it makes for good dark comedy.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

Can not recall seeing that particular setting, but might be interesting to dig around a bit and see....

So on the plus side if the party is going behind enemy lines they would have to dress the part.

Last edited by sendaz on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

The old Macross / Robotech Setting if available?
Zentradi VS Meltrandi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross:_ ... er_Love%3F
Last edited by Stahlseele on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Heaven's Thunder Hammer
Master

Post by Heaven's Thunder Hammer »

I think there's some anime's you can dig up around this concept. I know I watched one in 2002.
Mechalich
Knight-Baron

Post by Mechalich »

The anime that comes to mind first along these lines is Vandread, but it's primarily a mecha show.
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

I remember hearing about something along these lines for Macho Women With Guns, but I'm not sure if it was an official setting or some homebrew.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macho_Women_with_Guns
Macho Women with Guns (MWWG) is a comedy role-playing game created by Greg Porter and published by Blacksburg Tactical Research Center (BTRC). (A D20 System version of the game is also available from Mongoose Publishing.) Nominally a science-fiction game, it parodies both action films and other role-playing games.

Taking advantage of the earthly chaos, Satan has dispatched his female minions, the Batwinged Bimbos From Hell, to rebuild society in a form he approves of. The Vatican has responded to Satan's plans by dispatching its elite group of warrior nuns, The Sisters of Our Lady of Harley-Davidson to combat the bimbos. The two groups of women compete (sometimes violently) to rebuild civilization by vanquishing post-apocalyptic menaces and male chauvinism.
Last edited by Korwin on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

Yes, but many "critters" in the game are male humans (frat boys, rednecks and the likes). There are also some kind of parallel worlds, so I guess there could be one with an open gender war. But once again, I'm not sure if it was in an official product or if it was a homebrew.
sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

Macho Women with Guns was an actual game, granted being a bit tongue in cheek (and other parts) by BTRC, the same people who brought us Warpworld and Timelords ( not the Dr. Who one, but also about jumping around in time)
Last edited by sendaz on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atmo
Master

Post by Atmo »

I don't think "gender" is the appropriate word for this kind of game, as some minorities out there could find it offensive somehow and start a shitfest because... yes.
☆ *World games are shit ☆ M&M is shit ☆ Fate fans gave me cancer ☆
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Gender works. You could call it "Sex Wars" too, but that implies more a war fought about the act than the attribute.

"Gender War" gets iffy if the female side is TERF*s, but that could actually be a plot point, where there's a TERF faction within the broader Female Party.

*Trans-exclusionary Rad Fems
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Well, Wraeththu the RPG had men and women versus flower-penis-Ziggy Stardusts.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

A book I am going to review called Otherverse America Campaign Setting has a sorta gender war with the main conflict being called the Second Civil War, which is about Abortion and a couple of other things

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/60158/Oth ... gn-Setting
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.