Are any RPGs actually good?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

magnuskn
Knight

Post by magnuskn »

Eh, whatever. I am obviously postulating based on what I've seen on the Paizo boards over the last years in terms how they treat people. I can't know what was going on in the heads of the moderators (or whomever pulled the trigger) back then. It can of course have been because someone in charge was just spiteful or something like that.

Still, there is a pretty big probability that "getting shown up about the problems with design and math" was more of a problem when they were still designing the CRB than it is now. Hence, they might have wanted to get rid of people who were pointing out all the loopholes.
Last edited by magnuskn on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

magnuskn wrote:Eh, whatever. I am obviously postulating based on what I've seen on the Paizo boards over the last years in terms how they treat people. I can't know what was going on in the heads of the moderators (or whomever pulled the trigger) back then. It can of course have been because someone in charge was just spiteful or something like that.

Still, there is a pretty big probability that "getting shown up about the problems with design and math" was more of a problem when they were still designing the CRB than it is now. Hence, they might have wanted to get rid of people who were pointing out all the loopholes.
I'm half sure that I've heard tale of mods flipping out over people pointing out failure points in their game. Wasn't it a cycle for a while to talk down people who point out problems before making a number of there faq edits?
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Frank is in good company if his greatest crime is 'corrupting the youth of the polis'.
-This space intentionally left blank
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

It's a pity these threads which people spewed such spittle likely long since deleted at this point. Least in regards to the Pathfinder-playtests of yore, I would've liked to see the hate toward him, likely based in ignorance.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Aryxbez wrote:It's a pity these threads which people spewed such spittle likely long since deleted at this point. Least in regards to the Pathfinder-playtests of yore, I would've liked to see the hate toward him, likely based in ignorance.
They are probably all still there, just buried and it would take too much work to find them.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
magnuskn
Knight

Post by magnuskn »

Aryxbez wrote:It's a pity these threads which people spewed such spittle likely long since deleted at this point. Least in regards to the Pathfinder-playtests of yore, I would've liked to see the hate toward him, likely based in ignorance.
Well, you got the link to Frank's posts right here in this thread. I presume the majority of attacks on him also happened in those threads, which you can look at by calling up his posts.