Black Closet: Upper Class Lesbian Secret Police

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

hyzmarca
Prince

Black Closet: Upper Class Lesbian Secret Police

Post by hyzmarca »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400580

I just discovered this game. I havn't played it, and I don't have the spare funds to buy it at the moment, but I had to share it, because the premise is that so... something.

Basically, you're the absurdly powerful Student Council President of a ultra-prestigious high-class all-girls boarding school. Your job is to prevent scandals that might damage the school's reputation, and your own. In order to facilitate this, you have a number of minions that you can send to investigate mysteries and enforce your edicts. But one of them is a traitor.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

...did Koumei make a game she didn't tell us about?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

SOLD!
Prak wrote:...did Koumei make a game she didn't tell us about?
I'm made plenty of games I didn't tell you guys about (generally due to them being incomplete or kind of shit). This isn't one of them though.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

It seriously sounds like a synthesis of your psyche in game form. All it's possibly missing is bondage, but then the class president has to punish rulebreakers somehow, so I'm not sure it's missing.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I would make a joke here, but I'm really not sure how to improve on the message.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Prak wrote:It seriously sounds like a synthesis of your psyche in game form. All it's possibly missing is bondage, but then the class president has to punish rulebreakers somehow, so I'm not sure it's missing.
It'd also require a few piledrivers and bitter resentment over the lost potential of 40k before it's really complete.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Well, that's for what clubs are for.

Sidemissions: guide your girls wrestling/TT wargaming clubs to complete dominance of worldwide championships until GW itself is forced to bow down and accept your demands!

Also the secret bondage club.
Last edited by maglag on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I should point out, having started on it already, that the student council doesn't seem that powerful. Typically they have authority to declare nuclear war against other countries, if anime and video games are to be believed.

Also I am a gracious and benevolent ruler who solves problems nicely and, when possible, in the background. And I sit like Gendo Ikari.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Man, you'd think Althea would be better at helping solve lesbianism-related falling-outs between friends.

I guess her skills mostly lie in causing them.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Don't lose your way
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

It gets brutally hard to handle the overarching tasks (and still complete things and get skill points which are vital for those... as is item-fetching) later in the game, once you have 2 regular cases per week and are down one or more minions.

Fortunately, modifying your stats is incredibly easy. Still puzzled that I can't have Miss Talmage executed, declare nuclear war on another school, turn the school into a spaceship or any of the other things all student councils can do.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Well, they probably needed to save some stuff for the game sequel(s) DLCs.

Student X is raising problems! What should we do?
A-Detention.
B-Martial arts duel.
C-Friendship!
D-Drop a nuke.
E-Initiate giant robot transformation protocols.
F-Let out the catgirl ninja assassins!
G-All of the above.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

This game sounds kind of boring to hear you guys talk about it...
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Well, it's resource management + detective investigation (made a lot easier by figuring out what actions you typically need to do for different cases, so after the first time, playing through gets easier) + dating sim. You pretty much need to be on board for all three of those, plus the yuri-yuri aspect, to enjoy it.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Managed to beat it without cheating for the third playthrough. It's tricky, and you really need to learn as you play, but it's doable. Not as hard as Long Live The Queen, I guess (another game by the same group - Hanako).