Website Connectivity Problems

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

virgil
King

Website Connectivity Problems

Post by virgil »

This forum works fine for me, except for one specific instance; my laptop (primary computer) through my home internet, whether it's wifi or physical line. If I try to load the Den, it will usually fail to do so.

If I use any other computer that's on my home wifi, they go to the Den without a problem. If I have my laptop connect to the internet through any other connection, be it my phone's hotspot or a friend's wifi, it loads the Den just fine.

Virus scanners, power cycles, etc. Nothing has fixed this problem, and I'm at a total loss why this happens.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Do you have the same issue across multiple browsers?
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Yes; Mozilla, IE, & Chrome
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Antariuk
Knight

Post by Antariuk »

If you're using Windows, try clearing your temporary data (CCleaner isn't bad for that) and then open the command console ("CMD") and enter this: "netsh winsock reset catalog"

You need to restart, but chances are you'll be able to connect after that. It's some black network magic I found on the intarwebz when I had the exact same problem you described.
Last edited by Antariuk on Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust