Red Hand of Doom IC

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"I agree," Valzeller remarks telepathically. "Time is of the essence, so let's not bother wasting it on this ugly and probably stupid creature. We have goblins to kill."

With that, Valzeller will fly away as fast as he can from the creature.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

The hydra comes out of the water as you spur your mounts to go around it or fly overhead, revealing six hissing reptilian heads. But slowed down by your magics, it cannot keep up with your speed and you soon leave it behind.

After some more time of travel, looming out of the shadowy woods ahead is a haunting sight-a ruined keep. The old castle sits on a small rocky hillock, and you can even catch glimpses of a broken tower between the trees. A moss-covered stone at the side of the road you're following marks a footpath that looks like it leads up to the keep.

(Survival DC 10)
Numerous humanoids and large wolves have been passing trough this area recently.
If you don't want to approach by the direct path, you can scramble up the forested hillside.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

We should tie up our horses down here inside a bunker against the cliff, and then fly up. I can also use the bunker to silence my casting of fly. Malakar transmits telepathically to Zeph.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Good idea."

Zeph will use Earth Shape and Wall of Stone to make an improvised bunker with a rotating false wall in the front and a few airholes. He'll then lead his horse inside.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Malakar will lead his horse into the bunker and begin casting fly, to be cast on Zeph, and then himself.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

(2 on my Survival check. Not surprising given the lack of ranks and shit Wisdom.)

Valzeller will reactivate his wings (if they aren't still active) and follow along with Malakar and Zeph.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(I have a minimum roll of 16 on Survival check)

Telepathically because why not, "There are a lot of fresh footprints around here. Humanoids and large wolves."

Once Malakar finishes casting Fly on him, Zeph will fly up the hillside.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

And if I don't hear the sounds of Zeph getting murdered at the top of the cliff (or telepathically if he tells me something when he reaches it) I will continue casting fly on myself.

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Between your travel time and building the bunker for your horses, dusk has arrived and night has just fallen.

It takes about two minutes for Zeph and Valzeller flying to get to the top. The old keep is in very poor repair. The gatehouse is partially collapsed, as is a section of Wall to the south. A small wooden building sits next to the remains of a long-abandoned garden in front of the structure. The walls surrounding the keep are about fifteen feet high, with a two-story tower looming in the southwest corner of the courtyard within. Large boulders lie strewn amind the ruins of the two watch towers, and a massive humanoid skeleton slumps amid the ruins of the northern one. This skeleton still wears tattered fragments of hide armor, and a large club lies next to one of its bony arms.

As you get closer, you notice a sickly greenish light flickers inside the second floor of the ruined tower, and the faint sound of eerie moaning can be heard from within.

Spot DC 10
There's a thin plume of smoke rising from the southern section of the keep.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

(8).
To Zeph, telepathically:
I don't see much, other than that giant skeleton and the light in the tower. But I'll bet anything that moaning isn't anything good. For that matter, the skeleton and the light probably aren't good news either. Do you have a plan? Should we relay back to Malakar?
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(We don't see any sentries? How dark is it? Would a silhouette of someone flying be noticeable without darkvision?)
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

(There's no sentries visible. It's dark enough that someone flying would not be seen unless inside darkvision range)
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Telepathically, "Let's wait for Malakar to get here before we approach. I'm thinking either fly in, or underground. There's smoke coming from somewhere in the South, so let's not approach from there. We could scout ahead, but if we're spotted we'd be a man short, and I'm not risking that."
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Very well, Valzeller agrees telepathically.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

(you can assume that nothing in particular happens while Malakar flies to join you)
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Malakar flies to join them.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"So... green light room first?"
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Works for me.

Just always telepathy.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Telepathically, "Here's my plan. Stay close, but out of sight of the window. I'll drop in through the roof. I'll contact you telepathically right before dropping, and again, the moment I'm in. You guys fly in then or a few seconds after I start dropping in case I'm unable to reach you for some reason."

(if no objections:)

Zeph will head to the roof of the building with the green light, avoiding line of sight of the green lit room's window and activate Greater Blink once on the roof (2 minute duration), rest for 18 seconds to recover an Ethereal token and then drop down to the green lit room, readying an action to Power Strong Channel Water* on the most threatening enemy he sees.

*Water attempts to erupt from a target within close rage, if they fail a fort save (DC 21), they are stunned for two rounds as it shoots forth. Pass or Fail, afterwords they are Fatigued as well (Stacks to Exhaustion if stacked). Plants are not immune to stunning for the purpose of this stun.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

OK, Valzeller silently agrees.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Malakar will fly up the side of the building, standing near the window with his feet on the wall, attempting to tremorsense what is inside. When he hears from dear beloved Zeph telepathically, he will fly in and cast a spell. Decided based on what he detects with his tremorsense and what he sees (if something must be cast). Also I suppose based on what Zeph says.

OOC:
Since I don't know how you want to do surprise rounds and shit, and it is usually weird, I'll 5ft step in front of the window and cast a spell in the surprise round, if you decide my tremorsense grants me such a surprise round and you want to be particular about the kind of stupid standard action only rule.
Last edited by Kaelik on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Valzeller will wait to hear what Zeph has to say about the room before deciding a plan of action, although it'll probably involve smite-charging whatever looks like the most powerful opponent.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

As Zeph rises, he sees that the circular roof has partially collapsed to the southeast. Massive timber slumps against the floor, fallen from the rafters above. There's an huge gap in the tower's east wall, besides the four windows on the remaining walls. Three large boulders lie on the floor amid a halo of fractures and cracks. A reek of rotting flesh rises from the room. A glowing pale corpse at the center of the room gives off bloodcurling howls while rising its arms!

Then Zeph spots the hobgoblin hiding just behind one of the timber pieces, pulling the thin ropes lashed to the glowing corpse's limbs, like it was a puppet. It's also the hobgoblin making the howling sounds, seemingly pretty entertained with himself. If one was peeking from the window it may just look like an actual undead was haunting the place, but from above the crude illusion is easily seen through.

Zeph's water summon easily stuns him before the hobgoblin can notice he's being observed, and the corpse puppet stops moving along the yelling.

Malakar cannot sense any other creature in the room besides the stunned puppeteer hobgoblin.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Telepathically, "Only one hobgoblin in here. Currently stunned. Come on in and let's finish him off before it wears off"

Zeph will fly above him and stronger channel air at him from directly above* (DC 19 Fort negates, 10d6 damage).

* A 60ft Cone of rushing Air pushes away from the Siphon. Those within the Cone are pushed backwards until they leave the Cone. If they hit a wall or other impediment, they are subject to 2d6 damage for every 10ft they did not travel. A Fort Save negates this effect. Airbourne creatures suffer a -5 penalty to the save. This affects objects.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"You don't need to tell me twice!" Valzeller will smite-charge-power attack the stunned hobgoblin for 5 (+14 melee, 1d10+19 damage).