The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Is there a way to adjust the size of posts viewed per page?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heaven's Thunder Hammer
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Is there a way to adjust the size of posts viewed per page? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As the title, say I want to view 100 posts per page of a thread, can I do that? I've looked over my profile, and I don't think I can, unless I'm missing something.

If I'm not missing anything, can this feature please be added? I hate having to click every 10 or 15 posts or whatever it is to a new page.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Howdy, HTH.

You're not missing something. Our install of PHPBB doesn't seem to allow that option at the user level - though I'm still digging through a few of the admin screens to check if there is a setting for it or not. If it doesn't exist, I am quite certain there are mods out there to do this. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's been so long since I installed a mod, I'll need to take a bit of time once I find it to re-learn.

This is a really busy week or so for me. I have some crazy deadlines at work, my soccer-coaching season wraps up with two tournaments this weekend (and so has a ton of practices and paperwork), and basketball-coaching season starts tonight. That said, I'll see what I can find and then get our benevolent overlord some options to see what he's comfortable with installing.

And for everybody's reference, our current settings on this sort of stuff:

Threads per Page: 50

That is the number of thread titles you see in a forum for each page. I think that number excludes stickies and announcements, but I'm not 100% sure my memory is correct.

Posts per Page: 25

This is the one you're asking about. If I can't find a mod to give users control over the default, we can have a discussion about whether we need to tweak this at the site level.

Posts for Popular Threshold: 25

PHPBB has a "popular" or "hot" feature on threads. We change the image seen in the thread list when a thread is considered popular. The "bell" inside the circle "rings" for a popular topic, and just sits there, all lonely and dejected, for regular topics.

Hot Topic, no new posts:

Hot Topic, new posts:

Normal Topic, no new posts:

Normal Topic, new posts:

So... we can talk as a group about changing that setting as well, independent of the others. Me, personally, I don't ever really care on any forum whether or not something is considered a "hot" or "popular" topic. But we can certain talk about changing the threshold if a majority wants it higher.

So... let me get through my busy week; I'll squeeze in some research here and there, and then really dive in next week to get a handle on the options.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you, Zherog.

Game On,
fbmf
Krusk
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Threads per page = more is better
Post per page = more is better
Hot threads = dont care at all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: