Why Eastern European games rock so much ?

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

silva
Duke

Post by silva »

The whole plot from Fallout 1 comprises a broken water purifier and how hard it is to find the chip to get it back to work. Now they make it a banal affair. Are they that ignorant of FO canon ?

About combat: its best than ever. While everything else is worst.

This is Bethesda's Call of Duty.
Last edited by silva on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

silva wrote:The whole plot from Fallout 1 comprises a broken water purifier and how hard it is to find the chip to get it back to work. Now they make it a banal affair. Are they that ignorant of FO canon ?
Alternatively, they wanted to give people an ability to provide water. You also just put like 36 pumps down next to each other and they will all provide radiation free water, so one wonders why the vault didn't just do that.

You can also build a small completely unshielded, but somehow leak free nuclear power generator, except that it also only outputs the energy of a like 5 wind turbines.

It is almost like the base building minigame is a base building minigame, not and commentary on how fucked you are after the apocalypse.
silva wrote:About combat: its best than ever. While everything else is worst.
You apparently have no idea what exploration even is.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

silva wrote:The whole plot from Fallout 1 comprises a broken water purifier and how hard it is to find the chip to get it back to work. Now they make it a banal affair. Are they that ignorant of FO canon ?

About combat: its best than ever. While everything else is worst.

This is Bethesda's Call of Duty.
The water chip in Fallout 1 is maybe half of the main plot, at best. IIRC, you can find it in fairly short order if you're determined to do so. I vaguely remember having to put off getting it when I replayed Fallout 1 a year or two ago so I could have more time to screw around in the wasteland.
RedstoneOrc
Apprentice

Post by RedstoneOrc »

First this thread started stupid and stayed stupid. Second why the fuck isn't it in I gave the mouse a cookie section?

Also the OP statement was obviously bait why did everyone fall for it?
I have currently hit the ignore feature 5 times on accident, and only once on purpose. This has got to be some kind of record.
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

In Pathologic, what are the consequences if I dont save the bunch of arrested people in 5th day ? Ill be totally cash-broken if I do that, damn it.
violance in the media wrote:The water chip in Fallout 1 is maybe half of the main plot, at best. IIRC, you can find it in fairly short order if you're determined to do so. I vaguely remember having to put off getting it when I replayed Fallout 1 a year or two ago so I could have more time to screw around in the wasteland.
Yep, but didnt you have a limited time to bring it to the vault or something ? Or am I confusing it for Fallout 2 ?
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

You get to feel good about yourself. Also a bunch of people in town will donate some money to buy out the prisoners, if you ask. Vlad Jr. gives 20k, I think. The only people you must save to get a good ending are the chosen ones of your character.
Last edited by Longes on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mlangsdorf
Master

Post by mlangsdorf »

silva wrote:
violance in the media wrote:The water chip in Fallout 1 is maybe half of the main plot, at best. IIRC, you can find it in fairly short order if you're determined to do so. I vaguely remember having to put off getting it when I replayed Fallout 1 a year or two ago so I could have more time to screw around in the wasteland.
Yep, but didnt you have a limited time to bring it to the vault or something ? Or am I confusing it for Fallout 2 ?
You have 180 days to find the water chip, assuming you don't cut a deal with the water traders. Then you have around 2 years to deal with the super-mutant menace.

The point is, finding the water chip is at most half the plot, though saving the vault is the main goal of the game.
RedstoneOrc
Apprentice

Post by RedstoneOrc »

Good this thread is more where it belongs and is dead. I got my wish and a bonus. :cool:
I have currently hit the ignore feature 5 times on accident, and only once on purpose. This has got to be some kind of record.