Game Narratives

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

I'll write about cases in AA that pissed me off later.

I'm quite fond of Dragon Age 2. I liked the small scale focus on Hawke and his family and friends, instead of yet another Bioware Plot.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Longes wrote:I'll write about cases in AA that pissed me off later.

I'm quite fond of Dragon Age 2. I liked the small scale focus on Hawke and his family and friends, instead of yet another Bioware Plot.
I like the dialogue in bioware games more than the overarching stories. I treat their games like stuff that's written by Joss Whedon. I like a bunch of the bits and pieces but I can take or leave the big picture.
Last edited by MGuy on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

If you enjoyed Illusion of Gaia, be sure to play Terranigma. It's the next entry in the series (the first is Soul Blazer, but it's more dungeon oriented, and I haven't found it very interesting).

The concept behind Terrnigma was to make a RPG where the goal wasn't to fight/destroy something but to build something (in that case, the whole world and human society). It has a quite deep stories, and just like Illusion of Gaia, it does delve into some darker themes (but maybe less so).
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Oh yes, i LOVED Terranigma back then *-*
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Never played Terranigma but I saw HCBailiey's LP of it.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Robotron 2084.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I should make mention of Bioshocks 1 and 3. For Bioshock one the atmosphere and the way the world was introduced to me was very well done. Having not played or even heard of System Shock 2 made it all new to me. The revelation at the end also came as a complete 'shock'. Infinite was much the same. I loved the setting, the story, and the gameplay was engaging.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.