[3.x]Call to Adventure: Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Alright, here is Alim, a Beguiler Wizard 3//Erudite 3, with a Hummingbird familiar and a Psicrystal, who needs to spend the last of his money on... something. Probably scribing spells.
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

Hum. Do we really not have a rogue then?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

There's six players left to finalize their adventurers. One of them might take a level in rogue, or something akin to it.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Character will go up tonight. I'm thinking Drow Necromancer 3//Warlock , LA+2.

If we really need it the other side could be a rogue level I guess.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

I don't see that happening, because tome classes really, really, really hate multiclassing. There's always something considerably stronger next level, and thus 1 rogue dip would severly weaken any build's combat ability. You would also probably miss 1 valuable Bab or 2nd level spells/powers.

On the other hand the erudite player could put his free extra resources to good use and send astral constructs ahead to test for traps. A trap that blows up over an expendable minion counts as disarmed in my book.
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

You guys do realize that we have a dread necromancer that has infinite healing capabilities.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Here's the less crazy version of my character.

Explanation of how his gestalt works:
Lion Totem Barbarian 1//Half-Minotaur 1 PoID, Multiattack, Lost Tradition (Wis), flaws, background
White Dragonspawn 1//Sorcerer 1
Tome Monk 1//Sorcerer 2, Combat School

Giving him a BAB of +2, 3 HD, and casting as a 3rd-level sorcerer; hopefully less crazy than the previous version. His typical battle plan is to activate his fighting style and pounce the nearest target (flying if needed), attacking for 1 attack at +15 and 4 at +13. Sometimes he casts spells instead. I'll write out his equipment, character description and personality later, probably tomorrow.

Familiar stats (if needed):
Archimedes "Archie" Jr., Hummingbird Familiar
Size/type: Diminutive magical beast (augmented animal)
HD: 3 (21 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 10 ft., Fly 40 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 17 (+2 Dex, +4 size, +1 natural,) touch 16, flat-footed 15
Base Attack: +2
Special Qualities: improved evasion, empathic link, share spells
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness
Books used:
Bastards and Bloodlines (Lost Tradition feat)
Player's Guide to Faerun (lesser planetouched rules)
Tome of Fiends (Product of Infernal Dalliance feat)
Dungeonomicon (Monk)
Races of War (Experimental Stock background, Combat School feat)
Unearthed Arcana (Whirling Frenzy, flaws)
Complete Champion (lion totem barbarian)
Dragon Magazine #323 (hummingbird familiar)
Dragon Magazine #313 (half-minotaur template)
Dragon Magazine #297 (axani race) EDIT: Monster Manual II (Zenythri race)
Dragonlance Campaign Setting (white dragonspawn template)
Player's Handbook (spells)
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

AcidBlades wrote:You guys do realize that we have a dread necromancer that has infinite healing capabilities.
Hick's Dread necro has been veto'd by two players. Or do you mean a regular Dread Necro? Changed to positive energy based but still using necromancy spells and undead? Besides my character is a regular undead but meh I can heal myself.

Anyway I changed the Luck Domain for the Kobold Domain and swapped a couple skills for Disable Device and Search so I can be the party's trap bitch.
Last edited by maglag on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

This is Malagos.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=591434

So hopefully we can make some guys helpless and coup de grace them and we get some zombies for free, who I will have no compunctions about ordering to run down the hall and step on as many pressure plates as they can.

EDIT: Books:
Dragon #325 for easy metamagic
PHB and Monster Manual
Complete Arcane for Warlock
Libris Mortis for corpsecrafter feat, fell animate feat
Unearthed Arcana for flaws and skeleton warrior ACF
Complete Mage for Metamagic school focus
Spell Compendium for the nerveskitter spell.

Hope no one minds that I banned abjuration...
Last edited by CapnTthePirateG on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Ignore this the next post has my current character version
Lesser Aasimar(player's guide to Faerun) Revenant Crusader 3/Cloistered Cleric 3
Level 3 LN Undead (Augmented, Dark Minded)
Initiative -4
HP: 26 (3d12)
AC: 21 (10+2 Dex, +7 Half plate, +2 Elusive Target)
Move speed 30 feet.
Saves: Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +12
-Undead Immunities except for Dark Minded, Turn Resistance +2
-First 3 points of damage I take become non-lethal and thus ignored due to Half-plate.
-Darkvision 60 feet, Resistance to Acid 5, Cold 5 and Electricity 5
Stats: Str 18, Dex 14, Con – Int 12 Wis 17 Cha 22

Basic attack: Masterwork Spiked Chain +10 (+3 Bab +4 Str+2 Combat Style+1 Masterwork) deals 2d4+8

Feats: Combat School (Black Chain of Destruction), Elusive Target, Lighting Reflexes, Divine Might (from Complete Warrior)
Flaws: Shaky (-2 to attack rolls), Unreactive (-6 Initiative)
Domains: Kobold (trapfinding as rogue),Travel (3 daily rounds of Freedom of Movement), Knowledge(free from Cloistered Cleric )
Rebuke Undead 9/day.
Background: Royalty of a Fallen Nation

Lore (Ex): Thanks to long hours of study, a cloistered cleric has a wide range of stray knowledge. This ability is identical to the bard's bardic knowledge class feature, using the cloistered cleric's class level in place of the bard level. Cloistered Cleric

Indomitable Soul(Ex):Adds Charisma mod to all saves (already added to the statblock) (Crusader)

Furious Counterstrike(Ex): Can take a swift and immediate action each round instead of either.(Crusader)

Steely Resolve (Ex): At 2nd level, a Crusader gains fast healing equal to half their character level when they are at less than half hit points.(Crusader)

Banner of Conviction (Ex): Allies within line of sight of a 2nd level Crusader gain a +2 Morale Bonus on saves versus Fear and to Morale tests. (Crusader)

Daylight 1/day (lesser Aasimar).

Skills (all 6 ranks):

-Concentration +14 (Undead use Charisma for Concentration by default)
-Diplomacy +16
-Disable Device +9
-Search +9
-Sense Motive +11
-Spot +11
-Survival +13

Stance: Light Stepping (Crusader)
Level: 3
The character does not exert noticeable pressure on the ground and does not leave tracks. They can also stand on and move across water without falling in. This stance lasts until the character activates a different stance.

Maneuvers (DC 17)(Crusader):

Ancient Righteous Dragon Stone Bones
Level: 1 Type: Boost
The Crusader gains DR 6/stone (DR X/Stone, where X is 3 + Level)

Ultimate Shadow Murdering Revengeance
Level: 2 Type: Counter
Use when the Crusader is damaged by an opponent. The Crusader immediately responds by making a melee attack against that opponent.

Golden Western Vision of Victory
Level: 2 Type: Boost
The Crusader gains a +10 Insight bonus to their first attack while this Boost is active, and that attack ignores concealment.

Neo Mouse Oldest Ploy
Level: 3 Type: Strike
All threatened enemies must make a Reflex Save or be blinded for one round. If at least one enemy is unable to see, the Crusader may make a melee attack against one of them.

Storm Killing Toppling Tower Touch
Level: 3 Type: Counter
Use when a threatened opponent moves (including 5' steps). The Crusader makes a melee attack against that target. If it inflicts damage, the Crusader may also make a free Trip attempt.

Apocalypse Flower Executioner
The Crusader makes a melee attack. If it inflicts any damage, the target must make a Fortitude Save or die.

Spells Prepared:
0th level (4 base)
Cure Light Wounds x 2
Detect Magic
Light

1st level (2 base+1 bonus+1 domain)
Divine Favor
Magic Weapon
Shield of Faith
Longstrider (Travel Domain)

2nd level (1 base+1 bonus+1 Domain)
Divine Insight
Eagle's Splendor
Gnome Blight (Kobold Domain)

Gear:
-Half plate 800 GP
-Masterwork Spiked Chain 325 GP
-Masterwork Composite Longbow +4 700 GP
-40 arrows 2 GP
-Badass Eyepatch (Masterwork Tool of Concentration, Diplomacy, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival) 300 GP
-Backpack 1 gp
-Thieve's Tools, Masterwork 100 gp
-10 feet pole x 2 sp
-50 feet rope 1 gp
-Grappling hook 1 gp
-Torch x 5 5 CP
-Flint and Steel 1 gp
-Mirror, Steel 10 GP
-Shapesand (jug) 100 GP (Sandstorm)
-Marbles x5 1 GP (Arms and Equipment guide)
-4 x Eggshell grenade, Dust 40 GP (Oriental Adventures)
-2 x Defoliator, 40 GP (Arms and Equipment Guide)
-2 x Torchbug Paste 50 GP (Complete Scoundrel)
-Waterskin 1 gp
-Piton x 10 1 GP
-Net 20 GP
5 gold, 5 SP, 5 CP left

Point Buy
Str 18 Dex 14 Con 8 Int 9 Wis 12 Cha 17

Racial modifiers: +2 Wis, +2 Cha (lesser Aasimar)
Revenant modifier: Con becomes - (Revenant from tome of necromancy)
Old Age Modifiers: +3 Int, +3 Wis, +3 Cha

Final stats:
Str 18, Dex 14, Con – Int 12 Wis 17 Cha 22
For memory purposes
-Roll maneuvers
-IF I can get close enough to an enemy to hit them in melee, do so with Strike+boost. If I rolled two strikes or two boosts, use the first one. If there's multiple enemies I could attack, go after the most vulnerable looking ones first (use Lore to help identify more vulnerable enemies).
-IF there's water between me and my enemy or another obstacle that could be bypassed by my stance, activate the stance instead of using a boost.
-Always Power Attack for -1 to hit/+2 damage. If I'm flanking or get some other bonus to my +hit roll, spend it in power attack as well.
-IF it's not possible to reach an enemy in 3 turns with a move action per turn, pull out bow and fire arrows (+7 to hit 1d8+4 damage)
-IF I roll a counter/and or Strike that would potentially allow me to hit more than one target this round, activate Divine Power to add Cha mod (+6) to damage rolls as a free action.
-IF I'm under an effect that could be ignored by Freedom of Movement, spend one turn worth of use from Travel domain.
-IF I can't reach an enemy in melee but could hit 2+ of them with Gnome Blight, cast Gnome Blight.
-IF I can't move close enough to an enemy in melee to hit them in melee, spend a move action to approach and buff myself (priority from highest to lowest: Longstrider, Shielf of Faith, Divine Favor, Magic weapon, Eagle's Splendor)
-If enemy has concealment, throw Bug paste at their area.
-If I can't hit enemy after two rounds, throw eggshell grenade, dust.
-IF I drop below 10 HP, 5-step away from enemies as possible and convert a spell to Inflict Wounds to heal myself (priority: Divine Insight, Eagle's Splendor, Gnome Blight, then 1st level lower priority spells as above), using Concentration if I can't get away.
-IF it's the 3rd turn of Combat OR I'm out of spells use Divine Might to add Cha mod (+6) to damage rolls as a free action.
Also ignore
Clara was once the 2nd princess heir of the Kylatra Kingdom that existed in the Fire Swamp area in a distant past. She served as a warrior-priestess with distinction, vowing to protect her realm and supporting her older sister that would one day rule it. However some unknown disaster struck and not only reduced the kingdom to ruins but also progressively changed the previously fertile landscape into the nightmare swamp that it is now. Clara's last memory is being struck in the back and falling into a river where she drowned.

For long she lay buried under the earth and water, unable to pass on the afterlife due to her shameful death, turning into a revenant, trapped under layers of mud and water by the weight of her armor, until some stroke of luck has finally broken her free. And an even greater fortune, as she arose from the waters, Clara found a group of relatively friendly adventurers ready to brave the dangerous swamp with her.

The Kylatra Kingdom may've been forgotten by pretty much everybody, even Clara's memories on her heritage are fragmented shadows at best. But the warrior princess has vowed to restore her kingdom by whatever means necessary. She already died trying once. Clearly that wasn't enough to make her give up. Those living companions, they'll help her remap the region and deal with whatever monsters and bandits are surely nesting here. The land will be made safe again. The relics of the kingdom will be recovered. Then if Clara cannot find her older sister nor any descendant of her family, she'll take the burden of leadership upon herself.
Last edited by maglag on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

My character should be finished as well. Alchemical items, ho!

Clara
Lesser Aasimar(player's guide to Faerun) Revenant Crusader 3/Cloistered Cleric 3
Level 3 LN Undead (Augmented, Dark Minded)
Initiative -4
HP: 26 (3d12)
AC: 21 (10+2 Dex, +7 Half plate, +2 Elusive Target)
Move speed 30 feet.
Saves: Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +12
-Undead Immunities except for Dark Minded, Turn Resistance +2
-First 3 points of damage I take become non-lethal and thus ignored due to Half-plate.
-Darkvision 60 feet, Resistance to Acid 5, Cold 5 and Electricity 5
Stats: Str 18, Dex 14, Con – Int 12 Wis 17 Cha 22

Basic attack: Masterwork Spiked Chain +10 (+3 Bab +4 Str+2 Combat Style+1 Masterwork) deals 2d4+8

Feats: Combat School (Black Chain of Destruction), Elusive Target, Lighting Reflexes, Divine Might (from Complete Warrior)
Flaws: Shaky (-2 to ranged attack rolls), Unreactive (-6 Initiative)
Domains: Kobold (trapfinding as rogue),Travel (3 daily rounds of Freedom of Movement), Knowledge(free from Cloistered Cleric )
Rebuke Undead 9/day.
Background: Royalty of a Fallen Nation

Lore (Ex): Thanks to long hours of study, a cloistered cleric has a wide range of stray knowledge. This ability is identical to the bard's bardic knowledge class feature, using the cloistered cleric's class level in place of the bard level. Cloistered Cleric

Indomitable Soul(Ex):Adds Charisma mod to all saves (already added to the statblock) (Crusader)

Furious Counterstrike(Ex): Can take a swift and immediate action each round instead of either.(Crusader)

Steely Resolve (Ex): At 2nd level, a Crusader gains fast healing equal to half their character level when they are at less than half hit points.(Crusader)

Banner of Conviction (Ex): Allies within line of sight of a 2nd level Crusader gain a +2 Morale Bonus on saves versus Fear and to Morale tests. (Crusader)

Daylight 1/day (lesser Aasimar).

Skills (all 6 ranks):

-Concentration +14 (Undead use Charisma for Concentration by default)
-Diplomacy +16
-Disable Device +9
-Search +9
-Sense Motive +11
-Spot +11
-Survival +13

Stance: Light Stepping (Crusader)
Level: 3
The character does not exert noticeable pressure on the ground and does not leave tracks. They can also stand on and move across water without falling in. This stance lasts until the character activates a different stance.

Maneuvers (DC 17)(Crusader):

Ancient Righteous Dragon Stone Bones
Level: 1 Type: Boost
The Crusader gains DR 6/stone (DR X/Stone, where X is 3 + Level)

Ultimate Shadow Murdering Revengeance
Level: 2 Type: Counter
Use when the Crusader is damaged by an opponent. The Crusader immediately responds by making a melee attack against that opponent.

Golden Western Vision of Victory
Level: 2 Type: Boost
The Crusader gains a +10 Insight bonus to their first attack while this Boost is active, and that attack ignores concealment.

Neo Mouse Oldest Ploy
All threatened enemies must make a Reflex Save or be blinded for one round. If at least one enemy is unable to see, the Crusader may make a melee attack against one of them.

Storm Killing Toppling Tower Touch
Level: 3 Type: Counter
Use when a threatened opponent moves (including 5' steps). The Crusader makes a melee attack against that target. If it inflicts damage, the Crusader may also make a free Trip attempt.

Apocalypse Flower Executioner
The Crusader makes a melee attack. If it inflicts any damage, the target must make a Fortitude Save or die.

Spells Prepared:
0th level (4 base)
Cure Light Wounds x 2
Detect Magic
Light

1st level (2 base+1 bonus+1 domain)
Divine Favor
Magic Weapon
Shield of Faith
Longstrider (Travel Domain)

2nd level (1 base+1 bonus+1 Domain)
Divine Insight
Eagle's Splendor
Gnome Blight (Kobold Domain)

Gear:
-Half plate 800 GP
-Masterwork Spiked Chain 325 GP
-Badass Eyepatch (Masterwork Tool of Concentration, Diplomacy, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival) 300 GP
-Backpack 1 gp
-Thieve's Tools, Masterwork 100 gp
-10 feet pole x 2 sp
-50 feet rope 1 gp
-Grappling hook 1 gp
-Torch x 5 5 CP
-Flint and Steel 1 gp
-Mirror, Steel 10 GP
-Feather Token, Fan 200 GP
-Rust Monster Wand 160 GP (Complete Scoundrel)
-Shapesand (jug) 100 GP (Sandstorm)
-Marbles x5 1 GP (Arms and Equipment guide)
-3x Chaos Flask 300 GP (Planar Handbook)
-10 x Eggshell grenade, Dust 100 GP (Oriental Adventures)
-2 x Defoliator, 40 GP (Arms and Equipment Guide)
-2 x Torchbug Paste 50 GP (Complete Scoundrel)
-Waterskin 1 gp
-Piton x 10 1 GP
-Net 20 GP
5 gold, 55 CP left

Point Buy
Str 18 Dex 14 Con 8 Int 9 Wis 12 Cha 17

Racial modifiers: +2 Wis, +2 Cha (lesser Aasimar)
Revenant modifier: Con becomes - (Revenant from tome of necromancy)
Old Age Modifiers: +3 Int, +3 Wis, +3 Cha

Final stats:
Str 18, Dex 14, Con – Int 12 Wis 17 Cha 22
Battle Script:
-Roll maneuvers
-IF I can get close enough to an enemy to hit them in melee, do so with Strike+boost. If I rolled two strikes or two boosts, use the first one. If there's multiple enemies I could attack, go after the most vulnerable looking ones first (use Lore to help identify more vulnerable enemies).
-IF there's water between me and my enemy or another obstacle that could be bypassed by my stance, activate the stance instead of using a boost.
-Always Power Attack for -1 to hit/+2 damage. If I'm flanking or get some other bonus to my +hit roll, spend it in power attack as well.
-IF I roll a counter/and or Strike that would potentially allow me to hit more than one target this round, activate Divine Power to add Cha mod (+6) to damage rolls as a free action.
-IF I'm under an effect that could be ignored by Freedom of Movement, spend one turn worth of use from Travel domain.
-IF I can't reach an enemy in melee but could hit 2+ of them with Gnome Blight, cast Gnome Blight.
-IF I can't move close enough to an enemy in melee to hit them in melee, spend a move action to approach and buff myself (priority from highest to lowest: Longstrider, Shielf of Faith, Divine Favor, Magic weapon, Eagle's Splendor)
-If enemy has concealment, throw Bug paste at their area.
-If I can't hit enemy after two rounds, throw eggshell grenade, dust.
-IF I drop below 10 HP, 5-step away from enemies as possible and convert a spell to Inflict Wounds to heal myself (priority: Divine Insight, Eagle's Splendor, Gnome Blight, then 1st level lower priority spells as above), using Concentration if I can't get away.
-IF it's the 3rd turn of Combat OR I'm out of spells use Divine Might to add Cha mod (+6) to damage rolls as a free action.
Fluff
Clara was once the 2nd princess heir of the Kylatra Kingdom that existed in the Fire Swamp area in a distant past. She served as a warrior-priestess with distinction, vowing to protect her realm and supporting her older sister that would one day rule it. However some unknown disaster struck and not only reduced the kingdom to ruins but also progressively changed the previously fertile landscape into the nightmare swamp that it is now. Clara's last memory is being struck in the back and falling into a river where she drowned.

For long she lay buried under the earth and water, unable to pass on the afterlife due to her shameful death, turning into a revenant, trapped under layers of mud and water by the weight of her armor, until some stroke of luck has finally broken her free. And an even greater fortune, as she arose from the waters, Clara found a group of relatively friendly adventurers ready to brave the dangerous swamp with her.

The Kylatra Kingdom may've been forgotten by pretty much everybody, even Clara's memories on her heritage are fragmented shadows at best. But the warrior princess has vowed to restore her kingdom by whatever means necessary. She already died trying once. Clearly that wasn't enough to make her give up. Those living companions, they'll help her remap the region and deal with whatever monsters and bandits are surely nesting here. The land will be made safe again. The relics of the kingdom will be recovered. Then if Clara cannot find her older sister nor any descendant of her family, she'll take the burden of leadership upon herself.
Also for the record I cannot create undead (yet) but I can control them, so any excess we find I can take care of them.

I guess that what won't kill us will indeed make us stronger.

That or AH will refuse to throw anything that can be reanimated at us.
Last edited by maglag on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Hmmm... Lost tradition only applies to 'spells' and 'spellcasting classes'. Would it be okay if it's usable with SLAs and SLA classes (I'm specifically looking at Conduit)?
maglag wrote:I guess that what won't kill us will indeed make us stronger.
Well as long as we manage to get XP from it :P
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

maglag wrote: That or AH will refuse to throw anything that can be reanimated at us.
I would never deprive you of that.
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

The den has been a bit unstable for me. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

In any case, will the IC thread go up soon?
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Yeah, it's been going off for long periods all day.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/tgdmb.com
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I miscalculated some stats, which I've now fixed. Also switched from lesser Axani to lesser Zenthryri (MM2). Still a lawful planetouched, just better abilities for my character. Since we haven't started yet I imagine that's all OK.

Depending on whether or not we max out the first HD (I think they're all rolled?) I have either 34 or 42 HP. The latter would be above average and the former would be below.

And yes, I have had problems with the site as well.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

Hm, well I hope it gets fixed.

In the mean time I've made some last minute changes to my character sheet. Mostly tweaking stuff to make the numbers bigger. Not a very noble pursuit honestly but hopefully it will mean that I won't lag behind.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Btw guys, by Kaelik's errata all spell, spell like and supernatural saves you inflict have a default DC of 10 + half HD +Stat if they were originally supposed to be 10 + Spell level + stat.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Darth Rabbitt wrote:Depending on whether or not we max out the first HD (I think they're all rolled?) I have either 34 or 42 HP. The latter would be above average and the former would be below.
You're allowed to roll your own. If you say you maxed it out, I will believe you.

IC thread starts roughly "When I wake the fuck up tomorrow" or "When everybody gets their characters in tonight," whichever comes first.
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=591423

Here is my character.

Tome of Virtue
Races of War
Races of The Dragon
Spell Compendium

That's all I can think up now.

The script will generally be to go through the well the spells that I know. Assess the situation and then make the diplomacy check necessary to snag the spell that I need. Generally I go for the standard save or sucks, like Glitterdust. Color Spray and generally all the lower level spells will generally be shaped to double their length. Getting as much foes as possible.

Is that enough detail or not?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I'm thinking given the scripts so far, we'll fall back on them as a last resort if you aren't posting.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Okay, I think I'm done.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=591574

Sources:
d20srd
Elemental Siphon
Red Rob's Simplified Tome Armor (Gray Armor, Wooden Shield)
Tome of Fiends, Races of War
Bastards and Bloodlines: Lost Tradition Wisdom (Conduit for next level)

Script:
-First standard action in combat is to expend Ethereal token for 2 minutes of greater blink
-If very likely to be hit with full/several attacks, immediate action expend Earth token for 3 DR.
-If targeted by save or suck/die, immediate action expend water token for +5 to saves
-If multiple opponents in 5 ft radius AOE, minor channel fire unless resistant or immune
-If possible, bullrush opponent through the threat range of an allied melee fighter with AoOs left (via minor earth channeling if on the ground, or minor air channeling if in the air)
-Minor channel Earth token or water otherwise, depending on whichever is more likely to be helpful
-Power channel whenever possible (expends token of appropriate element and adds +3 to CL and makes save DC 17 rather than 15), minor channeling opposite token with first standard action so power channeling in second action is possible
-Keep away from enemies. If enemies can't fly/climb and/or have worse ranged attacks than melee, dismount from riding dog and climb up a wall if one is available
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Just waiting on OgreBattle, then.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

And vagrant.

Since Fire Mage and Elemental Siphon aren't part of any official Tome Sourcebooks I think it's fair if they open up some other stuff for DM use. I propose:

Spherelock (same original thread as Firemage)
Energy Mages
Sand Mage
Storm Lord
Cold Dude
Green Mage
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I rolled for my Monk (8+7) and Sorcerer (1+7) HD, but not for my Barbarian HD, which would add up to 42. In case you want a Barbarian roll I'd get a 4+7 instead. I can provide a screenshot for these rolls.

Anyhow I should update my script a bit:

Standard operating procedure is to Pounce + Fighting Style on opponents that look like they won't last more than a round or two in melee for +15/+13/+13/+13/+13.

If we come across a really tough opponent (unless it's a crazier closet troll than I am):
Round 1: I use my True Strike SLA, and my Whirling Frenzy
Round 2: I pounce Fighting Style Power Attack for 2 on all attacks (I get an extra slam from Whirling Frenzy) for +33/+13/+11/+11/+11/+11.
Round 3+: I then keep on full attacking until it dies or until it looks like I might if I stay another round.
If we come across a closet troll then I probably do one of two things:
If I think it would have a weak Reflex save(s), I cast grease.
If I think it would have a weak Will save then I cast color spray.

Note: I assume I can use my Fighting Style abilities while in a whirling frenzy, although the rules aren't clear one way or the other. I guess it depends on whether or not you think a Fighting Style "requires patience or concentration". My thought is that a Fighting Style based off of flailing about like a madman wouldn't require either, but it's your call.