Fuck It

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

The house is just 5 feet high, the roof is pretty thin so you can greater blink from above without much problem if you want.

Blink says you can blink through solid objects, but not creatures. So I'll say no to blinking through the horse. By RAW it already gives you plenty of benefits by itself, and fast dismounting isn't just some fluff detail, it's an actual bonus.
Last edited by maglag on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I wanted to walk 'up' through the wall to the roof actually.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kaelik, I don't know what your plan is for this turn, specifically regarding Blade Bearer. I'm planning on Roaring Crowning him (2d8 sonic and DC 17 deafness) but obviously I don't want to hit you with it. If you're intending to stay next to him (i.e. deliver a touch attack to him or something) I'll just Power Attack charge him (+10, 1d10+10 damage because of flanking). Otherwise I'll use the crown.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

maglag, Not sure if Valzeller can correctly identify hellhounds, since he has 8 ranks in Knowledge (1), but on the assumption that he said, "fire breathing doggy thing" and my knowledge of the Summon Monster III spell, I'm rolled knowledge:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4876407/

Got almost literally the worst result, and therefore know:

0) Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Fire, Lawful)
1) Always lawful evil
2) Speed 40ft
3) Breath Weapon
4) Fiery Bite
5) Darkvision 60ft
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Uh, Darth, Deafen doesn't particularly inconvenience anyone who isn't a spellcaster. Sure you wouldn't rather either just hit him, or possibly daze him with a Soul Bolt (Su so no AoO) and if you want, run away if it works?
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Yeah, swording him is a better idea. I can't Soul Bolt him since I don't have that meld in either of my chakras (I have Force Armor and Flight active).
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:Yeah, swording him is a better idea. I can't Soul Bolt him since I don't have that meld in either of my chakras (I have Force Armor and Flight active).
Well then you should probably use that second one, to fly up, thus depriving him of targets.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Darth, when I suggested you fly, I didn't mean you shouldn't also do damage to him. I mean, the point of giving him no targets was that we can all make attacks on him if he stays, so like, use your crown or whatever.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

If you're 10 feet above him you can still roar at him.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Durr. This is what happens when I write out a set of actions immediately before leaving for a weekend. Last few weeks have been crazy for me so my in-game actions have been stupider than normal.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Last edited by maglag on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Hold on, if these are in order, then the fourth roll is a 16+1, which is 17, and he failed his will save against Glitterdust.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

RelentlessImp wrote:
Hold on, if these are in order, then the fourth roll is a 16+1, which is 17, and he failed his will save against Glitterdust.
It looks like he rolled all the ref saves then the will save last.

So it looks like he has +13 fort save, +9 will save, +some reflex save, probably something on the order of +12 or so, because balance.
Last edited by Kaelik on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I will delay until after Zeph. Because whether or not he is stunned drastically effects my next action.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I don't act until after Zeph anyways but I'm also waiting to see whether or not Blade-bearer makes his save before deciding my actions.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Natural 1 on the save but then...

Combat focus re-roll keeps the blade bearer going!
Kaelik wrote: So it looks like he has +13 fort save, +9 will save, +some reflex save, probably something on the order of +12 or so, because balance.
The party's dumb fighter charismatic tank has better saves, I don't know what you're complaining about.

In particular when the effect still auto inflicts exhaustion with no defense possible besides outright AMF.

EDIT: Actually re-reading the Elemental Syphon, water elemental channel should just make the target fatigued, it would only inflict exhaustion if they were already fatigued by something else, did I miss something?
Last edited by maglag on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

maglag wrote:The party's dumb fighter charismatic tank has better saves, I don't know what you're complaining about.
I genuinely don't know where to start. On the first hand, why do you think I'm complaining. I was making some guesses about his likely saves and the reasons for that. If he is using balance instead of saves, that is relevant, since we are basically fishing for (consecutive) natural ones anyway.

On the other hand, yes, the character who took levels in a class that has a class ability called "Huge Fuck Off RNG Breaking Bonus to Saves For No Reason" has higher saves than this NPC. However, since the party is made of four PCs 3 of whom who put a decently high amount of work into getting their saves as high as possible, and this NPC has a low save that is as high as one person's high save and two saves that are higher or as high as the highest save in the party who don't have an RNG breaking save bonus...

If comparing the saves of this NPC to the party was the relevant measure, then by all accounts, this guy is fuck off amazing. I would be forced to assume he is level 8 and perhaps the actual boss of the campaign.

Since that isn't the only relevant factor I am just chalking this up to "The Tome Fighter is (still) Stupid." And you picked save feats because they are presented as valid choices for Tome Fighters with their bonus feats.
maglag wrote:In particular when the effect still auto inflicts exhaustion with no defense possible besides outright AMF.

EDIT: Actually re-reading the Elemental Syphon, water elemental channel should just make the target fatigued, it would only inflict exhaustion if they were already fatigued by something else, did I miss something?
It fatigues him the first time, if he is not immune to fatigue, it progresses to exhaustion the next time it is used.
Last edited by Kaelik on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

It was probably stupid to charge Bladebearer but I rolled really well so I'm glad I did it.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:It was probably stupid to charge Bladebearer but I rolled really well so I'm glad I did it.
Meh, you are pretty tanky, all our strategies would have revolved around you charging him at some point. I was thinking of getting him nauseated, sickened, exhausted, as much as possible before asking you to do it, but whatever, crits work.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

+1 Light Fortification armor doesn't exist.

I would suggest if you find the need to generate random Tome Magic items, Red Rob has a series of tables for exactly that.

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

It was +1 light fortification for the hobgoblin, you get the point, extra AC bonus equal to 1+1/3 character level etc.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Maglag, just to keep you updated on my changes to the class.

I basically completely destroyed the note on permanent vs instantaneous, and gave them access to permanent duration spells and spells with a duration of like, 1 day/level on an at will basis with a 15 minute precursor to casting time. I basically looked through a list of permanent spells from levels 1-4 after noticing that my class can't actually use Secret Page, which was an inherent assumption of this character. I didn't see anything problematic at 1-4. Haven't really looked at spells 5-9, but I don't anticipate a problem at the moment.

Also, I had animate dead as a third level spell in my spellbook, and I replaced it with Gentle Repose which this change basically allows me to use at will with 15 minute casting time. Long story short, I have no idea why I forgot that Animate Dead is not a 3rd level Wizard spell, only Cleric spell, but I was reading Tome of Necromancy and Revised Necromancer's Handbook for this character when I discovered the mistake.

Obviously, if you have any issues with these changes, then let me know, but I thought I would update you on any changes.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I assume we're not joining the Goblin army. I also assume everyone is within earshot of the interrogated Hobgoblin. What do you guys want to do with our captive?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:I assume we're not joining the Goblin army. I also assume everyone is within earshot of the interrogated Hobgoblin. What do you guys want to do with our captive?
I'm probably not within earshot. I don't want to join the army, but I wouldn't necessarily object to convincing him to take us straight to Koth and blow his face off. But when asked, Malakar's official position is that we stab the hobgoblin in the chest (he will even do it himself with his scythe) cast Gentle Repose on the body, an carry it around till our resident Cleric can Speak with dead it about the specific defenses of the keep.

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Kaelik wrote: Obviously, if you have any issues with these changes, then let me know, but I thought I would update you on any changes.

For starters, Sepia's Snake Sigil.

What exactly was wrong with your previous rules that prevented crazy stacking of permanent effects? Why do you even need secret page? This isn't some intrigue urban campaign you can win with fake messages.

If you insist, well, the least I can do will be booby trap every enemy spellbook to kingdom come, because why wouldn't any wizard do so with those rules? It seems exactly what your character is planning to do and everything.