Shilling for people to gamble on KickStarter games

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Initial Goal has been paid for by them already, yeah.
They are making the skirmish game no matter what.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
malak
Master

Post by malak »

Already 600k in a few hours.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

I'd be in for so much if one of the stretch goals was buying the rights back off Topps. But it looks like they'll get their million and maybe much more.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

I'm in if they can get the "Expanded Mercenary Campaign", stuff like 3D portraits or Voice acting don't feel that important to me. So I have it on 48hr notice if nothing else. Otherwise Stahlseele, I'd totally tell you to support it, apparently you LOVE this sort of thing, so may as well show it.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Yes i do.
And maybe i will.
But i do not have a credit card and paypal does not like my bank account.
So immediately problems for me as a german.

Also, i am kind of reluctant to support them again, because i really want those physical rewards, but they could not even get me my SRR rewards because they can't be bothered to make the packages german customs compatible . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

They have 29 days to get about 300k for the expanded campaign. That's pretty much a certainty especially considering the boost that comes in the final 48 hours from people like yourself Aryxbez. I backed them at 25$. I don't care about the physical rewards for these things. I might add on a couple copies to gift to friends for Christmas.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

they were pretty smart, making it a bit longer than a month. 2 paydays in there.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

For anyone like Aryxbez that was only interested in Battletech if it achieved it's expanded campaign stretch goal just letting you know it hit that earlier today. Its also well on track to achieve the new Dropship homebase stretch goal . The Multiplayer PVP stretch goal will be tough but not impossible.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

I feel...summoned..I literally checked out Battletech, then checked out this thread. Before that, I had already backed the African fantasy game "Aurion" posted above by Leress. If nobody else supported Aurion, I can give some thoughts about it when the time comes.

So thanks, I'll be supporting Battletech now.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indi ... -mac-linux#/

It has exploration and battle systems similar to Valkyrie Profile 1 and the art is done by the same people that did Skullgirls.

There is also a prototype.

UPDATE: The game has been funded.
Last edited by Leress on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

I checked out the demo to that game. The game is definitely very beautiful, the controls seem to be mostly tight (R1 to do a special may seem off, or its just the tense moment of enemies having a turn during the boss fight). The boss fight was definitely a bit difficult, were it not for hints (like witch/caster can stun and her special heals) telling me things I probably would've given up at that point. With four people took me a bit to realize who's getting attacked in that second (despite there's flashing to warn you).

This seems like a mostly quality title, but I'm unsure if I'd want to spend $30 or not. Nonetheless, I'll consider supporting this game, although it'd be a bummer if it didn't get funded.

Pardon my ignorance, but why Indiegogo and not Kickstarter? I'm unsure the differences and why one may use one over the other?

Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

As I understand it, Indiegogo lets you keep what you gathered at the end, even if you didn't reach your goal. Could be wrong.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Almaz
Knight

Post by Almaz »

Meikle641 wrote:As I understand it, Indiegogo lets you keep what you gathered at the end, even if you didn't reach your goal. Could be wrong.
Only if you chose Flexible Funding (they didn't). There are various small rules that differentiate Kickstarter and Indiegogo, however... any of them could have been the decider.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... -by-aaa-ve

Okay, I don't really like the randomness of using cards to symbolize my options, and the dice rolling would seem to slow down the pace of a battle.
]
...You Lost Me
Duke

Codex Kickstarter

Post by ...You Lost Me »

The Codex kickstarter is now up! RTS card games.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cy ... _FB_021716

Cyanide and Happiness Card game... that plays very similar to Cards against Humanity, which plays similarly to Apples to Apples, which plays similarly to a Game of Things.
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/su ... fect-sedna

The sequel to Fear Effect is now a real time tactical action game.
]
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

MONSTER PROM looks amazing. I backed it based on just watching a 20min demo here. It seems absolutely hilarious.

It's already reached the basic funding (and a stretch goal as well), and they've noted that they've actually paid their bills already and a lot of the work is done. So it looks like being a successful project, which is awesome.

Next time I do the interstate trip to catch up with friends, I am absolutely getting them to sit down and play it. I mean, what could possibly go wrong in a multi-player competitive dating sim?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Leress wrote:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cy ... _FB_021716

Cyanide and Happiness Card game... that plays very similar to Cards against Humanity, which plays similarly to Apples to Apples, which plays similarly to a Game of Things.
And now there's Soviet Humor which looks to be a computer game that plays like CAH but with players typing things in instead of playing white cards.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

For the closest to "CAH except you put your own words in", there's Quiplash. It has a couple of rounds where players are randomly paired off with the same prompt card and then everyone else (including audience members - it's designed for Twitch) votes on which response was funniest. Then the final round has everyone answering the same prompt card, with the audience deciding. Names are not shown until after the votes are in.

That said, Soviet Humor has a nice twist on it, and the idea there made me chuckle. I mean, unnecessary censorshi* appeals to me anyway.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

pixel art action rpg, it got my money

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/la ... like-eleme
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

I got my key for Hollow Knight. It's one of the most beautiful platformers I've played in recent memory, and the gameplay is at least solid. But the amazing production values are what really stand out. The puffs of leaves or dust when you jump around, the layers of steam in the volcanic springs, and especially the foley effects are all great.

The everything-is-bugs aesthetic is pretty cool too. But I'd probably prefer a more defined protagonist, the story so far feels like a bland Dark Souls ripoff.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote: