The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Defense of the Assholes 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maglag
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, maybe I'll try to give a serious shot at Dota 2 this time around. I played a lot of the original Dota back in the day, but eventually backed off because studies. Now I have somewhat more free time, and an itch of that kind of game to scratch.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is another thing that Dota does better than Lol. A patch with that much stuff, and it only took 7 minutes for me to download, as opposed to where Lol updates took 15-20.

I only play 3.x
maglag
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I just played a match where 3 of my teammates were complete noobs.

And I do mean complete noobs:
-Neither of them managed to score a single kill. Zero. Nada.
-Together they feeded 60+ deaths to the enemy team.
-They didn't make a single recipe the whole game.

Like, the other team got first blood in the first minute and in the next five had another 8 kills.

I was playing as Vengeful Spirit. My only teammate who seemed to know what he was doing was a Wraith King, and he was a bit of a loner. He managed to score kills and avoiding dying, but was perfectly fine watching the rest of the team die and our towers being destroyed while doing something else.

I also managed to get some kills and remain alive, but we were being pushed back relentlessly. Soon our mid and bot barracks were wrecked. Our Lion teammate dropped.

Felt like rage quitting.

Instead I seemed to enter anime bersek mode. Somehow in a flurry of abilities I managed to wipe out most of the enemy team and gain three levels in one go plus a shitton of gold. Butterfly get. Score some more kills. Desolator get. Kill some more. Heart of Tarrasque get. I didn't die again. Facing Bounty Hunter and Drow Ranger and Juggernaut head on and wiping them out whenever I met them. Hold the line, not a step back. Drow Ranger killed Tarrasque and got a Rapier in a last ditch effort to rush our ancient. I killed her until she died then picked the rapier from her dead corpse and used it to basically solo each of the enemy barracks sets.

Also whenever Wraith King bothered to fight near Vengeful Spirit it was glorious. Bonus damage aura+vampiric aura is pretty brutal.

In retrospective, something that definitely helped our team come back was that the enemy team had no hard stuns, only the Bounty Hunter shuriken, while our team had 4 hard stuns. Even if the Lion player sucked, he still managed to land an area stun on the enemy team now and then. Or that may've been the AI. Not sure. Still feeling pretty satisfied now for that comeback. Feels great winning when you're behind on deaths (doubly so when we were also behind in two lanes at one point)

Last edited by maglag on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard they had a huge update lately. What has changed thus far?

virgil wrote:
And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
maglag
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dota reborn allows people to easily host custom maps like the old Warcraft III. Pudge Wars, arenas, etc. I've been having some casual fun with Dota 10x10 (ganks, ganks everywhere) and Dota Imba (get kills before even leaving the fountain).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: