Zero Buzz on 5E...Is It Dead Out The Gate?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
Knight

Post by Insomniac »

Wow, still going to the Drizzt well, huh? the idea of a Good PC from an Alignment Evil Race/Species had been considered a hackneyed eye-roller half way through Third Edition, if not sooner.

5E: Not 5 Fresh Ideas In The Whole System
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

My uncle is asking about 5E and Pathfinder as games for his teenagers.

Did they ever write skills for 5E? Like does the DMG or the full PHB or something have DCs for anything? Are there mechanics for crap like weather and swimming and breath holding and so on?
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

No. No and No. No, Yes, Yes, Maybe.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

The entire Rage of Demons thing seems like a parody I would write of how a D&D cross marketing event would look if it was made up by corporate suits who had no idea what D&D even was. It's an event that stars a popular character, much like you'd see from a comic book franchise or something. But um... it doesn't star your characters like a D&D adventure path is supposed to. I mean seriously, what the fuck?

-Username17
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

FrankTrollman wrote:corporate suits who had no idea what D&D even was
I believe you mean "Hasbro"
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

The best stormfront threads are the ones about Drizzt
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I so don't want to know, and yet I'm curious...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.