What games are you looking forward to ?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

silva
Duke

What games are you looking forward to ?

Post by silva »

What the title says. What game are you looking for getting released in the near future ?

Right now for me its Blades in the Dark and Unknown Armies 3. Apocalypse World 2 is on the way too, but honestly, Im not too excited for it, since it looks more like a little revision than a new edition.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
vagrant
Knight

Post by vagrant »

Please go fuck yourself. I personally am looking forward to nothing (except for maybe a revision of Doubt) because I have found nothing interesting.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

How can there be a revision of Doubt? I ... didn't think Doubt actually existed. Can I trust my own memory?
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Oh, swearings and dramatic gifs. Its soap opera time again.

The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

RelentlessImp wrote:Image
I can't tell if you meant to hide this image or not, but for me it just disappeared the next time I viewed the thread, and that just made the joke much better.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

To be fair Silva, you do kinda have bad behavior of coming into threads to take a shant on them. Also, Adults use swear words, hell, I use swear words and I keep it to a minimum (get over yourself man).

Anyway, to answer the thread, I'm looking forward to Shadow of the Demon Lord. Also Sentai Fghtan, Cyberpunk Heartbreaker, and some inevitable super duper mega awesome tubular Fantasy Game by the Gaming Den. Because Sentai seems like it'll be a fantastic game that actually promotes the stories it'll be made for.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
rasmuswagner
Knight-Baron

Post by rasmuswagner »

Nothing. Because through this heart, through these veins, flows no warm life, no blood, only bile. Bile and coffee.
Every time you play in a "low magic world" with D&D rules (or derivates), a unicorn steps on a kitten and an orphan drops his ice cream cone.
Ferret
Knight

Post by Ferret »

I'm honestly looking forward to checking out Fantasy AGE. I like some of the concepts they had in Dragon Age, curious to see how they shook it all out when they generic-zed it.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

I'm personally looking forwards to chess 2, and fallout 4.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

AndreiChekov wrote:I'm personally looking forwards to chess 2, and fallout 4.
I thought chess 2 already came out.

http://ludemegames.com/chess2/
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Leress wrote:
AndreiChekov wrote:I'm personally looking forwards to chess 2, and fallout 4.
I thought chess 2 already came out.

http://ludemegames.com/chess2/
That was meant to be a joke, but now I am actually interested in the game.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

In a related story, most of the games I am looking forward to are other Sirln projects - but that's because I'm more aware of the his alpha buld stuff than stuff other people are currently developing.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

I was looking forward to Rise of the Metahumans, but barring a miracle, that KS is tanking.

I'm also looking forward to the new Blue Rose, if only in a MST3K way because, as much as I like the setting, it becomes as big of a farse to run it with a grimdark system (fantasy AGE) as running a superhero game using Ass World*.

* Yes, I know such an oxymoron already exists.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Fvck you, Silva. What you should have posted is http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MEfswVkDDP8/V ... ititi1.jpg .

(For the language-impaired: it's written in there "The Ten Commandments - Moses escapes death" - yes, this was made into a Brazilian soap opera; thanks be to the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God.)

I'm looking forward, if anything, to the release of something I write. And Asymmetric Threat, which looks even less likely.

- Silva.
Last edited by Bigode on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Sakuya Izayoi
Knight

Post by Sakuya Izayoi »

I'm looking forward to Exalted 3e being an even bigger trainwreck than the leak.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

High Frontier 3ed edition. I'm a bit of a nuclear rocket and futurist enthusiast, and am super jazzed about them reprinting and updating this game.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Kaelik wrote: I can't tell if you meant to hide this image or not, but for me it just disappeared the next time I viewed the thread, and that just made the joke much better.
I actually did mean to, but then I decided not to visit any more threads silva has started and forgot to change it.