24hrs to prep for a oneshot

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

norms29
Master

24hrs to prep for a oneshot

Post by norms29 »

I need to come up with a character for a drunken oneshot on saturday. and I ave no ideas

so I need a 10 level pathfinder build that is simple enough to play while very drunk. preferably not a sorcerer. allowed books are ultimate magic, ultimate combat , advanced players guide, advance class, advance race, ultimate equipment. corebook

any suggestions would help

EDIT: screwed up books
Last edited by norms29 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
After all, when you climb Mt. Kon Foo Sing to fight Grand Master Hung Lo and prove that your "Squirrel Chases the Jam-Coated Tiger" style is better than his "Dead Cockroach Flails Legs" style, you unleash a bunch of your SCtJCT moves, not wait for him to launch DCFL attacks and then just sit there and parry all day. And you certainly don't, having been kicked about, then say "Well you served me shitty tea before our battle" and go home.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I don't know how good it would be, but if I were in that situation I would consider playing a Ratfolk Gunslinger or if I really doubted the optimization of the party and was confident in my ability to manage a caster while drunk, possibly a Spellslinger Archetype Wizard and basically just be Rocket Racoon.

Bonus points for convincing someone else to play a Oakling barbarian or something.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
norms29
Master

Post by norms29 »

ooh, a strong first entry
After all, when you climb Mt. Kon Foo Sing to fight Grand Master Hung Lo and prove that your "Squirrel Chases the Jam-Coated Tiger" style is better than his "Dead Cockroach Flails Legs" style, you unleash a bunch of your SCtJCT moves, not wait for him to launch DCFL attacks and then just sit there and parry all day. And you certainly don't, having been kicked about, then say "Well you served me shitty tea before our battle" and go home.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Apparently there's some good Fighter archetype about being a mutant experiment that makes for a good gunslinger dip and would fit well here.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

A meta appropriate cleric of drunkeness. Youre all drunk and so are all your enemies!

Shouldnt be too tough to play drunk. Its all about channel energy spam. Spells are just a bonus.