Wrath of the Unknown AKA not-ME3.tm

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Wrath of the Unknown AKA not-ME3.tm

Post by AndreiChekov »

Scheduling conflicts have forced a game my friend and I were playing to become PBP.

Brief Summary:
Mane character is a Goliath with a name. He is a paladin using my Neverwinter Nights 2 mod paladin. He is from a school of magic and was given a disc that shows proof that the rachnai are coming. So, the headmaster Dumbledorf sent him to visit his old friend, the leader, of the martial school.

On the way, he gets stuck in a village that is plagued by unnatural ghost wolves, and has now headed into the forest with a genericly taciturn ranger named Daximos (A hobgoblin)

He encountered the spirit lady of the woods, and after agreeing to talk, and much reveals, he now knows that the wolf ghosts are the product of a curse that Zathrien (A totally different elf wizard) knows more about. Zathrian is in town.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Keegan__D
NPC

Post by Keegan__D »

Made it! Though, it occurs to me; Why not just do this over email?
Last edited by Keegan__D on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Because I check this more regularly than email.

Edit: Also, this has much smoother logs for looking back at earlier material.
Last edited by AndreiChekov on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Keegan__D
NPC

Post by Keegan__D »

Yes, it does seem to be about time to return to town, and confront Zathrian.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

On your way to town, Daximus expresses his surprise that you survived.
"I was certain that you were dead when you entered their lair!"
He doesn't say much else.

When you reach the edge of the town, walking through the fields, you notice something strange. Several of the farmers look very familiar. Something is odd about them, but you can't quite place what it is.

When speaking to the town mayor, he directs you to Zathrians hut. Zathrian is an old old old elf. Elves normally don't show many signs of aging, but he has gray hair, and wrinkly skin.

He welcomes you into his hut and asks what your business with him is.

"What are you here for, lad?"
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Keegan__D
NPC

Post by Keegan__D »

"I take it that you are familiar with the assaults upon your village from the spirit wolves? I have come to put an end to the bloodshed."
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

He looks at you an frowns, considering for moment, then sits down at his table.

"You were here for the wolf attack, yes?" He doesn't even look at you and carries on speaking. "That is a tricky matter, you see, none of us can die. The farmers that died in that fight are still alive... well, more re-alive. Every morning, no matter what happened the day before we end up in our beds. I suppose it must be similar for the wolves. Why would you want to end that?"
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Keegan__D
NPC

Post by Keegan__D »

Novek nods silently to the first question, with a fixed gaze on Zathrian. "I come only as a messenger, not one with any stake in the mortality of this village. You are mistaken when you think that the wolves are thankful for this unending life. They do not hold the greed that you do, and seek the peace of rest." Novek leans forward on the table, "Their spiritual leader has claimed you responsible for the un-life afflicting them. End their suffering, or they shall bring you eternal hauntings."

Not sure if it would be intimidate to convey the threat, or diplomacy, since I'm conveying the threat of another.
Roll: Intimidate [roll]1d20+2[/roll]
Roll: Diplomacy [roll]1d20+6[/roll]
Feel free to roll real dice, and/or tell me how to roll dice if that didn't work.
Last edited by Keegan__D on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

what you would normally do for dice rolling is roll them and tell me the result. I trust you.

I will roll your intimdate check to expediate things, since it will take way longer if you do so.

19 (this includes the plus 2)

"Who are you to judge me? I gave them eternal life! They are better now than they were before, and this village relies on me!"

As he says this he changes form, he grows much larger 20 ft. tall, he breaks the house open with his transformation, a dark cloud surrounds him, and he has horns, claws and teeth.

"All who defy me shall die!"

He sweeps in to attack you.

his initiative is 12+2
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x