Los Angeles

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Username17
Serious Badass

Los Angeles

Post by Username17 »

So I met up with fbmf and Ramza while they were in California yesterday. There are some things that I need to share with everyone:
  • They are such Texans that we went to a Chinese restaurant and they nonetheless figured out how to order burritos and fajitas.

• The two of them are like an Upright Citizen's Brigade sketch which has gone on too long - they go around with a stuffed sheep and a hidden camera. Then they treat the doll like it was a small child and record peoples' reactions.

• fbmf got kicked out of a showing of Harry Potter because someone thought he was pedophile. He thinks this is because he was running around with a stuffed sheep and little girls wanted to have their picture taken with it. And while that was in Texas, I suspect the actual reason is because Ramza seriously looks 15 - she even has braces. While I know that she's 27 - to an outside observer it does look like he's driving his fiance around because she can't get a license yet.

-Username17
nova88
NPC

Re: Los Angeles

Post by nova88 »

I hope all was hailed and well met.I find it interesting
that Ramza looks so young,or is it fbmf looks so
mature/old?Of course looks are often deceiving;my son goes to high school with 15-years olds that easily
look 27.I can see it already,though.In thirty years
fbmf-wearing an Official Old Fart cap-will be driven
around by his 57 years-but-looks-35 "daughter".

MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

So, were they wearing then-gallon hats? ;)
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

I didn't know you guys were fans of HP. I've read Harry Pottah books 4 and 5. Very enjoyable, personally. I don't know what's stopping me from getting the newest ones.

I really like how Rowlings can paint such a detailed picture of a completely alien society in so few words and without slowing down the action. It's a talent I admire.

They are such Texans that we went to a Chinese restaurant and they nonetheless figured out how to order burritos and fajitas.

That's goin' in the quote rotation.
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

Frank also claims fbmf has a Texas accent.

We're back. We had fun. It was great to meet Frank in person.

Will post more when I get moved up to Ft. Worth.

Catharz
Knight-Baron

Post by Catharz »

Wow, this is better than fiction.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Frank summed it up nicely.

It was good to see you in person once again, my friend.

Game On,
fbmf
shirak
Knight

Post by shirak »

Lago, what stops me from buying the last book is that it is hands down the greatest fucking disaster the literally world has seen for awhile. Rowlings basically took everybody's expectations and wiped her ass with them.

"Deep breaths"

Let's not derail this thread any further. If you are interested open a new thread and I promise to remain calm enough to answer.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I met the UCB in New York. Weird, funny guys, met 2 of em and a few other comedians. They were on smoke break outside a small, ghetto theatre. I think it was some improv going on, since there wasn't a large crowd in there, maybe just practicing stuff for the weekend.

The guy with curly hair, second from left, I remember him distinctly. Here's why...
http://www.uprightcitizens.org/

I
had one shot in the disposable camera, but thought I had more since I hadn't checked in a while. It was a college class trip for the museums up north NYC, but a friend n I detoured south-west and ended up in SoHo by evening for the buses.

So, I took a picture of the door, with address and the Upright Citizens Brigade note stuck on it. You can see his feet in the reflection of the door, and my legs. I did this in order to find it again later, and semi-proof I was there.
Next, I turned to the guys and prepared to take a photo.

Looked at camera.

:disgusted:

The curly-hair guy said "Ah.. OK, uh, wow." but told us to come back next season and we'd get free tickets (if he remembered us)
That was 6 years ago, and I haven't been able to return (yet) mostly due to funding and distance.

But next time I bring a fresh camera.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Ramnza at [unixtime wrote:1185775644[/unixtime]]Frank also claims fbmf has a Texas accent.

Just a small one...
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

My accent's muddled since I was born in and lived in New York for 14 years. But I've been living in Texas for the last 13 years and my friends in NY say I do have a little "southern twang."

:ohwell: