Gleemax.com

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

nova88
NPC

Gleemax.com

Post by nova88 »

So who's going to be the first fool...uh...volunteer to try for a seat on the advisory board? I wonder if this will be the access point for whatever digital equivalents of Dungeon and Dragon magazines?
josephbt
Knight

Re: Gleemax.com

Post by josephbt »

i kinda tried understanding what gleemax is, but couldn't get it. maybe someone whos a native speaker could explain it to me.
engi

Blood for the Blood God!
shirak
Knight

Post by shirak »

Why, oh why, do I get MySpace vibes from this site?
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Because that's exactly what it is - MySpace for gamers. :bored:
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I thought Guildcafe was MYSPACE for gamers?

Game On,
fbmf
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

HURF DURF IMAGE MACROS

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

It's web 2.0! Social networking! They get to tell you what game you're playing and who you're playing it with!

...Wait, no, we've already done that.

I'm not even giving Gleemax a hit 'cause it's a scam.

-Crissa
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

You're lucky - you won't burn your retinas. Gods, that color scheme is horrendous!
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1182372606[/unixtime]]It's web 2.0! Social networking! They get to tell you what game you're playing and who you're playing it with!

...Wait, no, we've already done that.

I'm not even giving Gleemax a hit 'cause it's a scam.

-Crissa

DID YOU HEAR YOU ARE TIME'S PERSON OF THE YEAR???
Rob_Knotts
Apprentice

Post by Rob_Knotts »

nova88 at [unixtime wrote:1182222793[/unixtime]]I wonder if this will be the access point for whatever digital equivalents of Dungeon and Dragon magazines?

I have a bad feeling Gleemax itself is supposed to become the digital equivalent of Dragon & Dungeon.

fbmf at [unixtime wrote:1182288300[/unixtime]]I thought Guildcafe was MYSPACE for gamers?

I doubt Guildcafe has nearly as many "See My XXX Gallery" or "Free Xbox 360" invitations...

As somebody who actually has a gaming blog on MySpace ( :ugone2far: ), I've got to say that as bad an idea as that is, having a gaming-specific social networking site is probably worse. To put it simply, it's hard to avoid having the network take over as the game itself, with popularity (hits and contacts) becoming a more important goal than facilitating real-life gaming.

I would also worry about Gleemax members becoming completely detached from the pen & paper games that brought them there. I've seen a lot of gaming topics in official forums go so far off into tangents that they couldn't possibly have anything to do with actuall real-life gaming. And there have always been people who spend more energy venting with rants or sarcasm about games then they ever put into the actual gaming experience.

On a side note, Gleemax also faces another big potential problem. If those putting up the site try to make it a site for both tabletop gamers and online gamers, there's a very good chance that the online gamer traffic will end up crowding out the tabletop gaming.
shirak
Knight

Post by shirak »

Rob_Knotts at [unixtime wrote:1183685660[/unixtime]]On a side note, Gleemax also faces another big potential problem. If those putting up the site try to make it a site for both tabletop gamers and online gamers, there's a very good chance that the online gamer traffic will end up crowding out the tabletop gaming.

That depends on your definition of "problem". As Gleemax's definition is "anything that gives us less money", I really don't think they'll mind a swarm of clients.