League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Did you know that no posts exist for this topic?
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

Portal is still OK for somebody like Shen who split pushes but isn't great at taking turrets, it's bad for just about everyone else. Very niche item, like Ohmwrecker is. Ohmwrecker on engage supports is pretty good for closing games out.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

The one good use I saw of Portal was a Blitzcrank top rushing it and just hiding by the portal. He could defend the portal with ease due to his high base damage and the threat of his hook, and early game the caster minions give him enough supporting damage that you actually have to shove his wave before you can go in on the portal itself. The biggest problem with that strategy is that even if you start cloth armour and five pots you need another 2500gp before it's actually online.

I've heard it's not bad as a second item on tanky manaless top-laners like Garen because it provides great resistances and makes it harder for your opponent to shove the wave into your turret while your ganking another lane or contesting dragon.

I also once built a Zz'rot portal as Zac against Jayce or somesuch. I rushed a Raptor Cloak to help deal with the high physical damage poke because Point Runner is amazing for dodging skillshots when you're trapped under your tower. I sat on it until I needed some MR later in the game, and mostly used the portal to help defend the base or start building up a wave in neglected sidelanes.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I get portal when I'm top against someone who bullies and pushes the wave. Makes it much harder for them to shove into your turret and point runner is not to be underestimated. It's just so expensive that I don't find a place for it usually. Even shen doesn't want portal until he's got 2-3 full items plus boots.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Sun May 31, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I would like to reiterate, that I think portal used to create minions that would walk the entire lane, and that was situationally useful, but now they have a very short timer, so if you put them down at your top turret, they reach the enemies top turret, but not their mid. If you put something in a lane it really can't help build up a wave unless a wave would have been built up anyway.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

Sorry, you're right. It doesn't so much build up a wave as stop an enemy wave from pushing as quickly within range of the portal. That won't build a mega-wave to crash into the enemy base like a promoted minion or two can, but it can help reset the wave to a point closer to your enemy's base than your own minions alone could take it. It's a trade-off between your time to go place the portal and your opponent's time to push the wave back in. It can buy you time to better contest an objective or a little extra warning of an impending splitpush. Still highly situational.

EDIT: They can also be useful for baiting enemies into traps, but I imagine that stops working at ELOs where people know how to ward or buy blue trinkets. "There's voidlings coming out of that bush and four of them are MIA. Better facecheck!"
Last edited by rampaging-poet on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Zz'rot portal definitely makes your waves push faster and more frequently. I kind of like the current setup because it stops people from getting 6 slotted and then buying a portal to drop in their base and push for free, plus plus stronger creeps gives you a lot more tower-taking ability. I'm loving portal on Sion and Cho'Gath right now, and I wish I could get it every game.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I'd like portal a lot more if it gave HP at all. I kinda find myself focusing on getting HP as part of all of my tanky builds. If not HP then at lest some CDR, Portal has neither. Outside of URF I've only ever built a portal when I was already winning buy a lot and had the gold to burn. Other than that I got it once when I was playing Kat against another mid who obviously didn't know what they were doing.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Alright, back to my question on junglers;
Other options are: Zac, assuming I can get his ult to work right; Rek'Sai, just give up some cc; Naut, who I've jungled before but support wants him now; maybe Jax, Aatrox or Rengar who are less cc based and not FotM. Right now I'm still spamming Vi, but I'm thinking Zac is the obvious pickup.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I wouldn't pick Jax in this meta, he's too bad at getting by tank lines and takes at least 2 items to get to a good place. Your other picks are all good though, I keep forgetting Zac is in this game and that Naut is actually a jungler.

New patch is amazing. Good nerfs to LB and a couple tiny, tiny buffs to cait! Feels good.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I remember a time when no one gave a shit about Nautilus except me. Now half of the games I play he's banned and every scrub in my elo is trying to play him now. Good grief these are dark times.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

MGuy wrote:I remember a time when no one gave a shit about Nautilus except me. Now half of the games I play he's banned and every scrub in my elo is trying to play him now. Good grief these are dark times.
I remember when I used to say that about Sej :(

rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I just got my first pentakill last night. I was playing Ashe. There was a big teamfight at the bush near Dragon. I was caught in Malphite's ult but flashed out of the killzone before the enemy Veigar could land anything. The fight itself ended with a quadrakill while my team chased Vayne around her jungle, but she decided to contest their mid-lane inhibitor and I killed her in time for the penta.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Tahm Kench, the River King looks like a lot of fun.

Also the new patch is out, and I am not excited about seeing Elise again.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

THAT CHAMP IS MY BAE!

Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

...You Lost Me wrote:Tahm Kench, the River King looks like a lot of fun.
What exactly are you supposed to do with that guy anyway? On one hand he's a melee champ with a passive that requires hitting with multiple auto-attacks so that implies top lane. But unless the damage scaling on R passive is really excellent you're a just a blob of health with who needs three aa's before doing anything relevant. On the other hand W and R need a buddy to get full value so that says support. Good luck procing passive in bot lane though. Maybe I'm just undervaluing him since he's not really a LM style champion.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

New champion is going to be either wildly imbalanced or garbage because he's going to be like Bard with the teamwork requirement. Never picked in Solo queue, but good in 5s/competitive play. Requiring a teammate to make your big plays is tough. Also, this guy is only ever going to eat tanks. Who else takes 3 autos from a bruiser with no mobility (except an almost-global)?

I'm one game away from being back in d2! Been supporting the shit out of people with Janna and Morgana, who are ridiculous against the bruiser/tank meta. Morg peels and lets your adc/assassin keep doing their thing, Janna disengages, peels, and can destroy certain matchups.
sandmann wrote:

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Back to diamond 2! Celebrating with a double post.

I have decided the new champion, barring fucked up numbers, will be incredible as a support. His ult lets you 2-man split push with your adc and not lose map presence. The only way to really beat that is a hard engage comp that can kill everyone before the adc gets to the fight (or kill the adc before his support can save him). No single champion will beat him + the adc, so it's free baron time if they send 2 people to stop the push.

I feel like his laning phase as a support will be weak though.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Yeah Support River King is kind of Bae, except that the laning phase is rough as fuck. I feel like he is best as a counter pick into melee supports, like Leona or something, because you can be guaranteed the 30 fucking minutes you need to get three procs in melee and then be able to use your cc.

Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Holy crap Kayle got buffed, didn't see that one coming.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Lord Mistborn wrote:Holy crap Kayle got buffed, didn't see that one coming.
The Kayle buff is stupid and Riot knows it. She is a great Ryze and general assassin counter already, making her do even more damage is not a good idea. She's going to become popular and get nerfed again. Champions don't need buffs because they aren't popular, they need buffs because they're weak.

Kayle is hella easy to play and will DPS even harder now. She is one of the champions I truly hate for having a kit that makes her a numbers check like old Ryze. You can't really run from her once she starts fighting, you just have to hope you out DPS her fully targeted kit. Her ult is the only thing that makes her interesting, why not buff that if you really want to make Kayle better?

Also, Kalista nerf is going to sting. Fucking good, what an obnoxious champion to play against.
sandmann wrote:

Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

The thing is that Kayle is an old champion, one that was build under a set of assumptions that may no longer be in effect. Back before the league of mobility creep went bonkers there were supposed to be three types of champions that countered each other rock paper scissors style.

Long-range skillshot champions are countered by hyper-mobile champions who can dodge their skillshots and quickly jump on them. These Mobile champions are countered by short range point and click champions who's damage they can't dodge. Short range champions are counted by skillshot champions who can operate outside their effective range.

If your game plan involves dashing into Kayle's auto-attack range then that's a fight you're supposed to lose. But the range at which she can actually do things is fairly low in the grand scheme of things. Unfortunately the sort of champions who can exploit that are fairly rare in top lane.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

So Sated Devourer Vayne Right guys? Take Smite in lane?

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Kaelik wrote:So Sated Devourer Vayne Right guys? Take Smite in lane?
Vayne with challenging smite would be a really good duelist, but she wouldn't have an early game at all. Vayne needs the power of a summoner spell to not get slapped around in laning by another ranged champion. Maybe Vayne with a sustain support could survive laning with smite, but I couldn't imagine her doing any better than going even with it.

Lategame Vayne with challenging smite and sated devourer would be even more ridiculous, but how much more ridiculous does Vayne need to get?

New champ is quite a good support. So beefy because of that grey health shit.
sandmann wrote:

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Kaelik wrote:So Sated Devourer Vayne Right guys? Take Smite in lane?
A number of people have taken her straight into jungle. It's weird. More notably yi is being picked again.