[Tome] Dungeons and Druddigons Adamant Version

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Oh yeah, we've proven ourselves as strong trainers so we should probably talk to the elf now.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

I assume the additional moves were only for additional HD gained through Grow Pokemon. All of my Pokemon started at CR 2, so none of them will grow until next level.

That being said, my wishlist for moves next level would look like this:
Serena (Vivacious Nixie): A sneaking or scouting move. Invisbility or Chain of Eyes would be neat.
Ryu (Meditite): I could use Baton Pass, and it is already stat'd as an Egg Move.
Falena (Venonat): A Bug-type attack. Signal Beam maybe?
Velo (Fleshraker): A Dark-type attack, preferably ranged. Dark Pulse?
Margary (Celestial Light Horse): A mobility power. A short ranged teleport for her and her rider?
Casco di Phil (Cassisian): An additional type for his breath weapon. Ground-type would be best.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:Oh, I was considering Shadow Ball. A damaging [Ghost] attack that would give Lucifer something to do against creatures immune to mind-affecting effects.
Yeah, that sounds good.
Pixels wrote:I assume the additional moves were only for additional HD gained through Grow Pokemon. All of my Pokemon started at CR 2, so none of them will grow until next level.

That being said, my wishlist for moves next level would look like this:
Serena (Vivacious Nixie): A sneaking or scouting move. Invisbility or Chain of Eyes would be neat.
Ryu (Meditite): I could use Baton Pass, and it is already stat'd as an Egg Move.
Falena (Venonat): A Bug-type attack. Signal Beam maybe?
Velo (Fleshraker): A Dark-type attack, preferably ranged. Dark Pulse?
Margary (Celestial Light Horse): A mobility power. A short ranged teleport for her and her rider?
Casco di Phil (Cassisian): An additional type for his breath weapon. Ground-type would be best.
Getting new moves via growth at every even HD sounds reasonable. Serena, Falena and Margary will get new moves upon our next level up.

Oh right, I picked Copycat on Zorua, so I can help spam Color Spray or anything else. I'm currently eyeing either Dig, Flame Charge, Rock Tomb or Rock Slide for Torchic (leaning towards the Rock ones as we don't seem to have any of those unless I missed something). How would these moves work mechanically?

Also, behold the vanilla version of our next foe. Any plans, or should we wait till we're on the battlefield? Our Cassisians' Magic Circle Against Evil could help against possession of Combees.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yep. That is certainly the vanilla version of the basic beedrill written based on the original pokemon stuff Frank did. It is definitely that.

Yeah, the new moves every other HD are for growth from Grow Pokemon.

Shadow Ball is doable, I'll write something up. Those look pretty reasonable, too, Pixels.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I kinda doubt we're fighting several CR 7 monsters.

Also, really hoping that the Paladin doesn't decide to cast detect evil on me.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Prak wrote:Yep. That is certainly the vanilla version of the basic beedrill written based on the original pokemon stuff Frank did. It is definitely that.
Well, that's pretty ominous...

How would Dig, Flame Charge, Rock Tomb and Rock Slide work mechanically?
Darth Rabbitt wrote:I kinda doubt we're fighting several CR 7 monsters.

Also, really hoping that the Paladin doesn't decide to cast detect evil on me.
The guy mentioned 'one' beedrill who can mind control combees. Keep up the cute kid act and she's not very likely to.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

So is this game still going on? It's been almost two months.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Sorry, it got away from me. Are people still interested?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I am.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I don't know if people are aware of the Pokemon Variations thing, but I thought I'd specifically mention it and say it's totally in game. Here some I just came across on tumblr-

Chikorita/Bayleef
Torterra
Manectric
Victribell
Cubone
Garchomp
Gengar
Houndoom
Arcanine
Lapras
(By Turnip Berry)
1. The common domesticated Lapras.
The common Lapras is often used by people in costal cities and towns as a means of water transportation. Many small ocianic communities raise large herds of the gentle pokemon, and some trainers make a living ferrying travelers across local waterways. They are bred to have smith shells and even temperaments to make training them easier. Although the common Lapras can still be trained for battle, it is not as well suited for it as some of their more highly specialized cousins.

2. Contest Lapras.
With their long, slender necks and elegant fins, this highly refined pedigree breed is very popular at pokemon contests. Slightly smaller than the common Lapras, they often have a higher speed stat.

3. Battle Lapras.
These fearsome creatures are specially bred for combat, with thicker skin, longer horns, and higher than average attack stats, they can be tricky opponents. Their spiny shells mean they generally cannot be ridden without a special saddle.

4. Wild Oceanic Lapras.
Wild lapras tens to stick to deeper water, migrating closer to shore once a year to lay eggs in the sand on small islands. With a thick shell and wide fins, they are well known for their high defense. Much bigger than their domesticated cousins, they are a favorite pokemon of off-shore researchers and deep-sea divers. If they can be caught, of corse.
Mightyena
(By Moth-eatn)
Mareep
Bulbasaur line
(By Emerald Vigilante)
Coastal- The Coastal Bulbasaur have forward-facing tusks for digging in the sand, and a large jaw which aids them in cracking open the shells of shellfish. They are larger than the Common species. Their weight allows them to stand in the crashing waves along the shore to eat without being washed away. They eat shellfish and other small sea life that live along the shore. Coastal Bulbasaur are more agressive than their cousin species, and will not hesitate to charge other pokemon who encroach on their territory. Only experienced rangers should attempt to approach a Coastal Venusaur.

Island-The Island Bulbasaur is the smallest of the Bulbasaur subspecies - a fully grown Island Venusaur grows to only an average of 4′ tall from foot to flower. Their small size can be attributed to insular dwarfism, as this species evolved on a small island in the south of Oblivia. The Island Bulbasaur has an extra set of leaves, which allows it to absorb more sunlight and as a result, it can survive on sunlight for much longer periods of time. When the Island Bulbasaur does eat, it prefers insects over plantmatter. Island Bulbasaur are semi-aquatic; they have webbed toes and a long thin tail which assists in swimming. This species is quite timid, and will flee at the first sign of danger.

Forest- The largest of the Bulbasaur species, the Forest Bulbasaur is a massive plant eater with no natural enemies. Its long claws and sharp tusks are used to strip trees of their branches and leaves, and they will even use their heads to ram trees and topple them over. Due to limited sunlight in the forest, the Forest Bulbasaur has developed chloroplasts in its skin, allowing for greater photosynthesis in a low-light environment. The Forest species is a gentle giant, having the most placid disposition of all Bulbasaur species despite its fearsome appearance.

(By N M Zuka)
Fletcling
Hoothoot/Noctowl
Charizard
(By N M Zuka)
Body variations

Sub-species

environment-based mutations?
Aron/Lairon/Aggron
Drifblim
(By Vellumed)
Here’s another round of Pokémon variants; this time, featuring Drifblim! I forgot to vary the colors of the variants, but by the time I realized that, I couldn’t be bothered to redoing them anymore. Oh, well. This one didn’t take too long, at least.
The Drifblim is a mysterious Pokémon, often found in isolated areas that are densely fogged. Their STANDARD appearance is similar to that of a hot air balloon’s, though many come in vastly different forms. Wild Drifblims are dangerous as a whole, and it is extremely ill-advised to approach one unarmed. Many disappearances are linked to encounters with the Pokémon, and some attack even when unprovoked.
Despite their malicious disposition against humans, there are Drifblims that are in good terms with them. One example is the PARACHUTE variant. A number of Pokémon Centers are known to use these Drifblims to airlift supplies and goods from city to city. They’re known to protect whatever they hold particularly well, and they can hold more than you’d guess at first glance too.
A ZEPPELIN Drifblim, on the other hand, is a different story. Heavy air pollution and industrialization in certain areas altering the physiology of the native Drifblim population resulted in this variant. They are incredibly hostile, so one must take care to avoid them. Rusted metal is a common feature on Zeppelin Drifblims, as are dense grey smog that is usually toxic to breathe.
Stranger variations, such as the LANTERN Drifblim, also crop up. They are rarer, and they possess magical properties that have yet to be understood. Lantern Drifblims, for instance, contain will-o’-the-wisps in their interiors. Whether this is connected to the hieroglyphical writing that circle them is still unknown. It is known though, that this has somehow allowed them to lure people to their deaths.
Though the research on Drifblims has advanced much over the years, there is still a lot to learn about this enigmatic Pokémon. How have they evolved? How will they evolve? What else is there to learn about them? We can only hope that in time, we will be able to one day answer these questions.
Nincada/Ninjask
(By Cricket)

Lanturn
Huntail
(By Colby)
Standard- The most common subspecies of Huntail, it is able to swim in various depths of the ocean. It has adapted to diving deep into the sea by developing bioluminescence in its tail and spots. Its tail resembles a small fish to draw prey closer.
Gulper- The only other Huntail subspecies to develop bioluminescence, this subspecies is rarely seen and little is known about it because it never leaves the deepest depths of the sea. (Based on the Gulper/Pelican Eel)
Moray- The largest subspecies of Huntail, this species lives in lagoons and reefs. It has a vicious bite, and can be aggressive towards humans. Despite their demeanor, they are prized as battlers. (Based on the Giant Moray Eel)
Ribbon- Closely related to the Moray subspecies, this slender subspecies makes its home in reefs. Because of its beauty, it is prized in contests. Trainers should note that as they age, the males change sex and become females. (Based on the Ribbon Moray Eel)
Unovan- One of the few freshwater subspecies, this species has adapted to live in Unova’s rivers and lakes, and its tail has changed to resemble a wriggling worm. Its teeth are much smaller than other subspecies, but it is a very strong swimmer. It sometimes ventures into the ocean to mate. (Based on the American Eel)
Magikarp/Gyarados
(By Ymedron)
(Included for style baseline)
Common: Found in a lot of environments, mainly marine. Default type. Abilities as gyarados: Intimidate/moxie

Bony and tasteless as magikarp, has a nasty bitter taste as a gyarados. Considered a trash fish.

(These are the ones around Elvenport)
River: Found in muddy rivers or lakes. Defense-attack oriented. Abilities as gyarados: Huge power/Sand rush

Comparatively aggressive and greedy, fairly popular among fishermen as a challenge. Has a tastier flesh than common magikarps, but be careful of parasites. Gyarados is still rather nasty tasting.

Princess: Selectively bred to be showy. Special defense - hp oriented. Abilities as gyarados: marvel scale/multiscale

An easier to raise breed, they remain rather docile even as gyarados.

Exotic: Selectively bred from a tropical stock to be a fierce and showy fighter. Special attack-physical attack oriented. Abilities as gyarados: Rough skin, poison point.

Highly active and aggressive breed. Hard to control, mainly seen in underground fighting rings where maiming isn’t considered an issue.
Meganium
(By N M Zuka)

Feraligator
(By N M Zuka)
Body variations

Sub-species

(I love that this artist does body variations and sub-species)
Luxray
(By Empty-Puppet
Standard: The standard Luxray breed, originating from Sinnoh. Powerful and Loyal, they make great battle partners for trainers. Because of this, and their regal looks, they have become very popular and can be seen through most known regions.
Maneless: By far the most aggressive of all the known breeds, these sharp-eyed felines form Prides in plains and savannahs. They are known man-eaters, and the majority of human attacks link back to them.

Polar: Painfully shy and elusive, this species dwells on ice and snow covered mountains, far from human settlements. Notoriously difficult to breed in captivity, tamed Polar Luxrays are incredibly rare and valuable.
Clouded: Native to tropical climates, wild populations can only be found in the Hoenn Region. Much like their Polar cousins, they are shy and avoid most human interactions, choosing to hide amongst the treetops.

Melanistic: While beautiful, these Luxrays are a result of a genetic mutation. They are sought after by Co-ordinators for their gorgeous pelts and pleasant disposition.
King: King Luxrays are bred for their unsual Mohawk-like Manes and unusual pattern. Far more stubborn than any of their other cousins, Kings are difficult to train and will bond wih only a single trainer.
Klefki
(By Vellumed)
Relic: First found amid gaols and the resting beds of the deceased, the Relic variant is commonly drawn to keys of long past and the weight they hold. Research is a common field of interest for them, and it is near impossible to take the keys they possess once they lock it into their rings. Some are also found donning other artifacts and have proved to be remarkably reluctant in parting with them.

Talisman: Light and whimsical, the Talisman variant is noticeable for using a string to hold its keys instead of a ring, that of which is usually also decorated with beads and feathers. They are most commonly found in humid and tropical regions, and they are believed to bring good luck to those who encounter them. They move softly in the wind, vanishing as quickly as they come.

Ornate: These Klefkis are treasure-seekers by nature and are popular companions of the by the aristocratic and the wealthy, Ornate variants go about searching keys of the highest value — in the literal sense, to the point that they border on jewelry, as they are drawn to precious stones and materials. They are more durable than you’d think, and though are generally friendly as a whole, they can be remarkably dangerous in protecting their treasures.
Parasect
(By Vellumed)
“Parasect” is an umbrella term that refers to many various amalgamations between fungi and animals. As its name suggests, Parasects are a parasitic species that are known to be invasive to many forms of life, and it is incredibly hard to drive out a group of them when they have infested a certain location. The STANDARD Parasect is frequently found in damp, dark places in large groups, rendering such locations inhabitable due to the poisonous spores they can release.
Another kind of Parasect is the HOLLOW Parasect, Where most of the species usually has the fungus dominant over the animal, Hollow variants are unique in that it is the opposite in its case. The arachnids are known to travel in the guise of mushroom-infested tree stumps that are coated in cobwebs that trap their prey easily.
A more common variant is the ENOKI Parasect. They are domestic nuisances, especially to gardens, which they can devour at ease. They are mildly poisonous, and there have been many of accidental consumption of the variant resulting as a result of their similar appearance to the Enoki mushroom.
Perhaps the most unusual Parasect is the MARIO Parasect. No one really knows how they came about, and what they actually are. Whether or not they are even Parasects have also been questioned. What is sure though, is that jumping on them is usually the safest way to destroy them.
There are definitely more kinds of Parasects out there, and interesting as they are, we must all be wary of the little creature. Many they may be, but there are surely more that we still do not know.
Dragonite
Blastoise
(By N M Zuka)
Tumblr post of Eevolution variants the artist asked not be repost elsewhere

Links to more by these artists
Noitaru Symposium
Ymedron
Wendy-Martin
N M Zuka (they also reblog a lot of them from other artists)
Cricket
Colby
Totoro Larazr
Empty Puppet
And if you google or search tumblr/deviant art, you can find tons more, so you guys are definitely encouraged to use some of these, and some may have mechanical differences.
Last edited by Prak on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I am now imagining Kentaro with a Pomeranian Houndoom that he is afraid of. If Kentaro wasn't ridiculous enough before that thought he is now.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

They're probably sold in stores. I could see Kentaro seeing one in a poke store and thinking "that is the most adorable, terrifying thing I've ever seen. I must have one."

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Damnit Prak, now you've got me hooked on image searching pokemon variations. I'm iffy on giving them mechanical variations when it comes to combat but I'm totally down with stuff like (slightly) different temperature tolerances, leaves and other parts of variations having different effects, different food preferences, autonomous behavior when not under control being different between them and stuff like that.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Eh, it depends on the variation. A pomeraian houndoom is, if nothing else, still smaller than other houndooms. The "flight" charizard should have at least a somewhat higher fly speed, or perhaps maneuverability. It really depends, but I think some could warrant it.

Prak_Anima
NPC

Post by Prak_Anima »

After the team defeated the champion who was also the secret leader of Team Zhentar in space, atop bigmcfuckenlargehuge pokemon equipped to function as spelljammers, they went their separate ways, though they regularly meet up once a week on top of Mount Helmet, catch up and have practice battles to keep themselves and their pokemon in shape.

Knox went on to improve Faerun through his mastery of Logistics and Dragons and an extensive collection of plates channeled by his Cassisian. He founded the Faerun Space Institute and is currently working on improving it.

Once the Champion's many buffs were dispelled, Luca's Phaerimm managed to turn him into a metapod before Luca threw a Masterball. Luca keeps a scrying window in his home through which he regularly taunts the Champ. He recovered his memories and is now working on shutting down all of the Champ's experiments.

Kentaro took over Team Zhentar and got to laugh at all the other evil teams who rejected him in the past as he intimidated them into merging with ZhentarKentar. Despite being a force of organized crime, Team Kentar's efficiency has led to tremendous boosts in Faerun's economy. Kentaro is currently married to Krystal who still hasn't noticed that he's evil. He's still utterly terrified of his pomeranian Houndoom.

Drast captured a shit ton of dragon pokemon including the bigmcfuckenlargehuge dragonite that they fought Elminister on and then opened a Dragon Gym. He also found all the Dragon Balls.

Mask_de_H wasn't sure about whether he wanted to be a Cleric or a Bard. He decided to be a Bard but hasn't been heard from since.

Ogrebattle made an awesome 4e Retroclone which heavily incorporated features and setting elements from Rifts. Somehow it worked.

Awesome game guys. Can't wait for next time!
Last edited by Prak_Anima on Tue May 19, 2015 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

You cropped the avatar wrong young Prak who's inexplicably only joined in March???

:ohwell:

Eh, I'm cool with ending like that though.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed May 20, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

That.... wasn't me...? I am so fucking confused.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

That only makes it more amazing, somehow.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

actually it really bothers me.

deanruel87
NPC

Post by deanruel87 »

Prak wrote:actually it really bothers me.
I doubt you need to worry about this.

Old usernames are fair game for new accounts apparently. Your old avatar is still on your deviantart account. All game realated info is available on this thread and the other one. 'Prak_Anima' joined on the same day Darth Rabbitt temporarily got the game started again, so my guess is this would've happened then if you hadn't resumed.

-Username17
I'm probably not Frank
Last edited by deanruel87 on Wed May 20, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

No, I get all that. I know it's not difficult or anything. It just bothered me.