The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
I just discovered my internet twin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyzmarca
Prince

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: I just discovered my internet twin Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And he's Russian.

I've used hyzmarca for a long time because it was unique. It was just a nonsense word I strong together, and no one else was using it. No one else ever uses it. I had been, to my, knowledge, the only hyzmarca on the internet, which is more than I can say for some people.

But, I just googled myself, looking for an ancient post that I don't even remember which forum I posted on, and I suddenly see a hyzmarca posting about oprinter problems on a Russian discussion board. In Russian.

I don't speak Russian. I can't read Russian. So I'm pretty sure it's not me.

And yet, he even uses my affectation of leaving the first letter lowercase.

It's weird.

Does hyzmarca mean something in Russian that I'm unaware of?
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"хозмаркет" means "Household market." Your internet twin could well be a Russian spambot.
DSMatticus
Prince

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hyzmarca wrote:
Does hyzmarca mean something in Russian that I'm unaware of?

I believe it refers to the sensation one has when they realize that between the seven billion other people they're sharing the planet with they will never be as unique as they think they are.

It's an oddly specific word.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Last edited by DSMatticus on Mon May 18, 2015 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Longes
Prince

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ancient History wrote:
"хозмаркет" means "Household market." Your internet twin could well be a Russian spambot.

Doubtful. "hyzmarca" sounds nothing like "хозмаркет".

To make you even more terrified, hyzmarca has apparently been translating oWoD Kindred of the East.

EDIT: "hyzmarca" may mean something in Ukrainian. Apparently there is a ukrainian user named hyzmarca.

Last edited by Longes on Mon May 18, 2015 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total
hyzmarca
Prince

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ancient History wrote:

It's not a spambot. It was a "my printer's not working, what do I do?" post. I think. According to Google Translate. On a tech support forum about printers.

Apparantly, the guy's printer can't detect any paper, even though the paper tray if full.

Last edited by hyzmarca on Mon May 18, 2015 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
vagrant
Knight

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hyzmarca means nothing in Ukrainian, no more so than it does in Russian.
Then, once you have absorbed the lesson, that your so-called "friends" are nothing but meat sacks flopping around in the fashion of an outgassing corpse, pile all of your dice and pencils and graph-paper in the corner and SET THEM ON FIRE. Weep meaningless tears.

-DrPraetor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: