Humble Bundle!

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

codeGlaze
Duke

Humble Bundle!

Post by codeGlaze »

There's a Sid Meier humble bundle!

$15 for Civ 3 (complete, all DLC), Civ 4 (complete, all DLC) AND Civ 5 plus both expansions.

Also... Ace Patrol and Railroads. (I've never heard of those >_>)

edit: Oh, it... can also benefit charity. <.<
Last edited by codeGlaze on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Re: Humble Bundle!

Post by Zinegata »

codeGlaze wrote:There's a Sid Meier humble bundle!

$15 for Civ 3 (complete, all DLC), Civ 4 (complete, all DLC) AND Civ 5 plus both expansions.

Also... Ace Patrol and Railroads. (I've never heard of those >_>)

edit: Oh, it... can also benefit charity. <.<
Ace Patrol is the suprisingly good tactical turn-based game where you command squadrons of WW1 fighters.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Also, similar to, but shittier (for the charities) than Humble Bundle, there is Groupees, which is currently doing a Steampunk bundle:
  • Games
  • Airship Dragoon
  • Bionic Dues
  • Steel Steam
  • Syberia I & II
  • Telepath RPG: Servants of God
    Music
  • Johnny Hollow Collection
  • Spiky- Carnival Symposium
  • Sxip Shirey- Sonic New York
  • This Way to the Egress- Caged Bird
    Comics
  • 19XX Book One: Rise of the Black Faun
  • Blood of the Innocent
  • Steampunk
    ebooks
  • Discovering Aberration
  • Tales of Jack the Ripper
  • Wildside Press Megapack
Despite buying the pack, I cannot recommend any of these, as I haven't checked any of them out yet, but it's a large pack of stuff with a pay what you want model. It also donates a flat 20% to Direct Relief International. When less than 50% of my buck goes the the charity I tell the people doing the thing "fuck you, I'll take my stuff for a buck." ...which is exactly what I did here.

Edit: apparently I completely forgot to post a link: http://groupees.com/steampunk2
Last edited by Prak on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

Humble bundle's doing another indy bundle, including things like monaco, the swapper, and antichamber. I just picked it up, but already had antichamber. If anyone would like to redeem a copy of Antichamber on steam, reply here and I'll pm you a link for it.
Last edited by TarkisFlux on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

I was debating picking the bundle up. Are the games any good?
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

Yes.

[*]Guacamelee is a brawler with metroidvania exploration and a luchador theme. If that sentence didn't sell you on it, I'm not really sure what would.
[*]Dust is a solid side scroller action rpg. If you have an xbox 360 you can grab the demo in the arcade (there does not appear to be a steam demo).
[*]The only stuff I know about Giana Sisters is what's on the page, so I can't recommend it or recommend you avoid it.
[*]The Swapper is a puzzle game where you have to make copies of yourself and transfer your consciousness around to them to progress. I've enjoyed my brief time with it, but don't know I would actually recommend it yet. I've wanted to play it for a while though.
[*]Antichamber is a first person 'shooter' (really, you get a block gun) puzzle game that does weird things with space and expectations, but isn't inconsistent in the application of the altered rules. The video on the bundle page is a good intro. I recommend it wholeheartedly.
[*]Monaco was described to be as a game about what happens when a theft goes wrong. It's a stealth game that doesn't stop being fun when shit goes bad (not immediately anyway). Also 4-player co-op, if you have 3 other people you want to rob places with. I recommend it, but you can get a demo on the xbox 360 if you're not sure (and have a 360, obviously).

I have no idea what else they're going to add next week, but there's 4 games that I cared about in there, and it wasn't 5 because I already owned 1 of them (I also own Monaco on the xbox, but wanted it on Steam because of updates that didn't trickle over).
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Sold, good sir. :p
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Isnt Gianas Sisters basically Super Mario (if it is, I played it on the C64)
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

Bundle added Fez, Starseed Pilgrim, and Beat Boy to itself today. These are in addition to the 6 mentioned earlier, because it's still part of the same bundle.

I already had Fez from something else though, so I'll toss that out there with Antichamber. If you'd like to redeem a code for either on steam, let me know and I'll send you a link.

roycebanks
NPC

Post by roycebanks »

is there a trailer video for this?

discover more
Last edited by roycebanks on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Korwin wrote:Isnt Gianas Sisters basically Super Mario (if it is, I played it on the C64)
The original one was, but the newest one only really shares the platforming genre with Super Mario.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223220/
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

There's an Origins (ie, EA) Humble Bundle with Dragon Age Origins and DA2 for those who, like me, haven't gotten a chance to play them yet.

Other notables(?)-
  • Peggle
  • Dead Space 2
  • Medal of Honor Allied Assault War Chest
  • Command and Conquer Generals
    If you pay more than the average-
  • Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Mass Effect 2
And of course there'll be more. I'm kind of hoping that includes the first ME and Dead Space, since I haven't played either of those.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Humble is giving away Spec Ops: the Line currently. Its supposedly a mindfuck of a story behind a bland "chest high walls cover and shoot" shooter. Played it before got a few levels in and got bored.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Eh, the DA2 bundle is just for DLC, which means the whole thing would be $50. That's a better deal than paying $20 for each expansion but still more than what I would want to pay for DA2. As tempting as it would be to own if for PC (there's a mod that gives isabella a pair of shorts. Best mod ever)
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I am considering paying $15 for the full Black Library bundle, just so I can give the finger to Games Workshop by setting the sliders so that fully 100% of my money goes to Child's Play and the Humble Bundle.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Chamomile wrote:I am considering paying $15 for the full Black Library bundle, just so I can give the finger to Games Workshop by setting the sliders so that fully 100% of my money goes to Child's Play and the Humble Bundle.
It's a tax break for them. They don't get your money directly, they get it by not paying taxes.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Well, damn. I guess I'll just have to content myself with pirating everything they ever release, then.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Humble giving away "The Flame in the Flood" for free currently.
phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

Post by phlapjackage »

LOTR RPG books on HumbleBundle, $15 gets you the whole shebang. Even if the RPG isn't good, it seems worth it for the maps and setting info.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/lord ... -rpg-books
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

The discovery pack still has 2 more days:

War for the Overworld: An okay attempt to make a new dungeonkeeper game with all of the monster names changed.

Osiris New Dawn: A dumb sci-fi/horror house-building game. Bang on a rock with another rock to get metal ores! Bang on a tree with a rock to get berries! Combine berries with tree leaves to make healing items (that work through your space suit)! Step on a sea urchin spike for the 100th time and suffocate! Build a mech suit and fight a ghost! It's great if you don't mind how stupid it is. The tech trees look like they were somewhat well thought out. Optional multi-player.

Kentucky Route Zero: a weird puzzle game with pretty simplistic puzzles (no carrying objects from area to area that I've seen). Mostly just there for a weird experience. Enjoyable.

RWBY Grimm Eclipse: Named after the 4 characters I don't know anything about. You (and possibly other people) run through a linear forest hitting things for xp. I couldn't find a controller layout anywhere, or an explanation of what was going on in the game.

Phantom Brave PC: Disgaea, except with less humour and more story.

Tricky Towers: I also couldn't figure out what I was doing on this one. I think you're building a tower to match someone else's (computer or a human) by dropping tetris pieces that slide over each other and fall down?
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

I bought RWBY last year during the Steam Crimbo sale. Its an amusing game to play with a few friends but other than that it gets stale fast (especially if you play solo). Plot makes no sense (it supposedly takes place between Vols 1 and 2). Also it's def geared towards fans of the series.

If you do have some free time and are into the animes (Yes, I know its western, fuck you, anime influence shows in it) I'd say give the series a shot, the 4 character trailers for season 1 are pretty good, the first second is kinda weak, second and third season a much better, fourth is kinda bland but moves the story along, fifth starts out ass-numbingly slow but picks up about halfway through.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Iduno wrote:Phantom Brave PC: Disgaea, except with less humour and more story.
And 4000% more misery tourism.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Dogbert wrote:
Iduno wrote:Phantom Brave PC: Disgaea, except with less humour and more story.
And 4000% more misery tourism.
And no New Game+.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

$1 for Dawn of War in the Games Workshop bundle. The middle tier isn't looking good, though.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

It's the base game. The DoW master collection (DoW, Winter Assault, and Soulstorm) is generally a better deal.