[Shadowrun] Recruiting for a Skype Game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

vagrant
Knight

[Shadowrun] Recruiting for a Skype Game

Post by vagrant »

I've been in Kiev a year now, and one thing this city is sorely lacking is a nerd culture. But thanks to Al Gore and the magic of the Internet, I can totally take my nerd culture with me. In that spirit, I am introducing a game of Shadowrun. SR4A final destination. You're gonna be robin hooding a lot, so fair warning. We'll start in 2070 and work our way through Emergence and the non-retarded parts of Ghost Cartels along with whatever the fuck people feel like doing.

First off - this won't be PbP. Because I hate that shit, and also, I'm fucking terrible at posting regularly, but I am good at actually talking to people. No, we're gonna get together, on skype, and fucking talk to each other like human fucking beings (and use roll20 or something for maps and rolls, probs.) So I'm at GMT+2, or for anyone on the East Coast, I'm -7 hours from you fucks. So scheduling is a thing that will need to be worked out. As for rules, it's fine. We're not using EotM, but don't worry, because we're also not using vehicle rules. (If anyone has vehicle rules suggetions, I'm so all ears, but they're so fucked I ain't fucking touching that shit with a ten foot pole.)

Now, obviously, I'd like to see a typical party composition - Sam, Hacker, Mage, Face. But if obviously, some people like being both useful and awesome, so I can't really say shit if I get a crew of straight mages.

Anyone game?
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Never played before but I've always felt that an available game is the best excuse for learning a system. I probably won't be able to get in on this as life's a bit weird at the moment, but in case I find time, what're your hours?
vagrant
Knight

Post by vagrant »

It'll depend on everyone else, seeing as the time zones are gonna fuck us, but ideally, weekends or Mondays (since I've off on Mondays.)
Then, once you have absorbed the lesson, that your so-called "friends" are nothing but meat sacks flopping around in the fashion of an outgassing corpse, pile all of your dice and pencils and graph-paper in the corner and SET THEM ON FIRE. Weep meaningless tears.

-DrPraetor
vagrant
Knight

Post by vagrant »

So, judging by the lack of interest, I'll give this one last bump and also plug a 3.Tome game - I've been constructing the Age of Worms AP in roll20, so I'll need players for that game sooner or later. But I'm still totally willing to run Shadowrun, though I've put enough hours into Age of Worms that I'd feel bad if I didn't run it.
Then, once you have absorbed the lesson, that your so-called "friends" are nothing but meat sacks flopping around in the fashion of an outgassing corpse, pile all of your dice and pencils and graph-paper in the corner and SET THEM ON FIRE. Weep meaningless tears.

-DrPraetor
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Well, I'm GMT+2 and I'd like to express interest in your game. As a troll combat adept. I can't play on Sundays (I already have a game), but most other days should be fine.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I'll keep an eye on this and check out the eventual timings. You might want to post your Tome Age of Worms thing in a new thread so people who aren't watching this one will notice.
vagrant
Knight

Post by vagrant »

Ooh, good plan. I'll post a thread up for the Age of Worms AP once I finish constructing it.

-DrPraetor
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

I'm also unopposed to Age of Worms, but I've never read any of the Tome material. How much will I need to learn?
vagrant
Knight

Post by vagrant »

Uh, it's basically the same as 3.5, (except for combat options and classes and a bunch of other shit.) But really, all you really need is to choose a class and like, read over the combat section. And the feat section, cause of scaling feats.

-DrPraetor
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

The most complete Tome PDF to my knowledge is Aktariel's awesomeTome.

'Core' Tome consists of the sourcebooks: The Tome of Necromancy, The Tome of Fiends, The Dungeonomicon and Races of War (available on dndwiki.com/dnd-wiki.org)

Races of War has the most radical changes, i.e. Warriors with Style and Advanced Combat

Kaelik's errata

The Tome Material link above has a bunch of third party content as well.
You can also find plenty of community material in the den. Most of it is linked here but if you browse IMOI, you'll find stuff that isn't on it.

Since there's a lot of community material avaialble, you'll have to clear it by vagrant first.

I'm interested in Age of Worms as well. I'll admit I read the Whispering Cairn (I started running AoW and had a few sessions before the game died due to scheduling difficulties), but I think I can keep my knowledge of it from influencing character tactics.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

I'd be down for either SR or Tome.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
vagrant
Knight

Post by vagrant »

Awesome. Okay, so while I keep working on AoW, that marks Longes, Mask, and Imp in as SR. Post or PM me your Skype and I'll add you, so we can all discuss times and characters and blah-blah-blah. And the table's still open for another player for SR, but I'm totally cool with starting with three.

-DrPraetor