Installing mods for Skyrim

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Installing mods for Skyrim

Post by Kaelik »

I would literally pay some one real world dollars to install Skyrim mods for me on my computer, this is so full of shit.

Try even figuring out how to install this goddam fucking mod http://skyrimwarzonescivilunrest.moduni ... -warzones/ What the fuck even is ENBoost (I mean I know what it is, but there are two completely different fucking skyrim directories of stuff and I have no idea which one I am supposed to be installing, and fuck knows, do I have to inject it? Does that mean I have to download the injector? WTF)

But my favorite part is that this mod has an explanation on how to install with Nexus Mod Manager. Then it has a part on how to install manually. STEP FUCKING 11 OF MANUAL INSTALLATION TELLS YOU TO FUCKING USE FUCKING NMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF EVEN IS THAT? HOW DO YOU WRITE THAT STEP WITHOUT LITERALLY KILLING YOUR SELF!

That is one mod. I have about 50-70 others I want to install too. And I don't even install graphics overhauls, because graphics is bullshit and who cares. God forbid you actually care about graphics and have to install all those fucking mods.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Whipstitch
Prince

Re: Installing mods for Skyrim

Post by Whipstitch »

Yeah, a lot of skyrim mods are secretly easy to install but have just enough potential compatibility issues that the mod author will copypasta some voodoo under the pretense of ass covering.
bears fall, everyone dies
GreatGreyShrike
Master

Post by GreatGreyShrike »

I am currently using Mod Organizer: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

I found that the Mod Organizer makes downloading and installing from Nexus very easy; this made installing all desired mods fairly easy (at least compared to alternatives). It has good support for downloading, sorting, organizing, etc. for mods.

Your mileage may vary.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Clearly neither of you looked at my link. Because :(99999999 WTF look at that shit. Do you even know how to install ENBoost?

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I would suggest skipping over warzones. It clashes with a lot of mods you might want in the future. Epic Gameplay Overhaul has the Civil War Overhaul by Apollodown which is much better and easier to deal with IMO.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

MGuy wrote:I would suggest skipping over warzones. It clashes with a lot of mods you might want in the future. Epic Gameplay Overhaul has the Civil War Overhaul by Apollodown which is much better and easier to deal with IMO.
Epic Gameplay Overhaul is mostly garbage. The fire effects come with a shitty audio glitch, the Civil War Overhaul is really really really good, but I don't intend to play the Civil War Campaign on this install (having just played it on my last install), the dragon combat is not terrible but conflicts with my other shout and dragon combat mods, The movement and stamina is just stupid people being stupid for stupid sake, the simple magic overhaul is just fiddling with numbers to create an effect that isn't particularly better than without, and combat drama matters to me 0% because I'm not doing that.

Warzones adds content in the actual game without doing the civil war questline that I want, and wouldn't conflict with any other part of Epic Gameplay besides from the (admittedly only really good part of epic gameplay) civil war overhaul.

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I've never tried all of the EGO myself. I use it pretty much of the Dragon and Civil War pieces. I use PerMa and other visual effect mods so I've never had a reason to try out the other features.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.