Hey Reynard, learn to use the quote function

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

ubernoob
Duke

Hey Reynard, learn to use the quote function

Post by ubernoob »

Your posts are an eyesore and I can't tell who the fuck you are replying to. Please use the quote function.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I'm not positive that this is the best way to get his attention.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Reynard
Apprentice

Post by Reynard »

Nah. He got my attention, all right.

Though I don't really understand why he couldn't use private mail. Unless, getting forum's attention and public shaming is something he is more interested in, than someone's quoting preferences.

ubernob:
1. I'm not writing (long) replies in browser since forever. Which is why I can use whatever method of formatting I find preferable, irrespective of the site I am on. Multiple standard quotes in one post tend to annoy me for some reason.

2. Unless I am replying only to the person directly above my post, there is a name written. While quotes do not necessarily have one. So I don't really understand what is your problem here. Traumatic flashbacks, perhaps?

3. If you actually have problems with the colour, I may change it (unless it will make my eyes bleed - grey is fine, orange is not, for example).

4. If color is not the problem, may I offer a perfect (final) solution for you?

EDIT: Disarmed the link.
Last edited by Reynard on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Ignore works.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I clicked that link and ignored Reynard by accident. That's actually a neat trick, I'll have to remember that.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Reynard wrote:2. Unless I am replying only to the person directly above my post, there is a name written. While quotes do not necessarily have one. So I don't really understand what is your problem here. Traumatic flashbacks, perhaps?
So what you are saying is you are an idiot who can't figure out how to make bbcode work. Okay.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

An example of bbcode:

This:

Code: Select all

[quote=Reynard]I don't really understand [...] quoting [...]

[...] I am [...] a [...] problem here. [...][/quote]
Produces this:
Reynard wrote:I don't really understand [...] quoting [...]

[...] I am [...] a [...] problem here. [...]