TGDMB is boring, needs more conflict.

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

TGDMB is boring, needs more conflict.

Post by infected slut princess »

Go back several years and look at old discussions. THis forum used to be way more interesting. Especially when 4e was around, that was great. 4e never got such devastating criticism anywhere else.

Now it is fucking boring as hell.

Surely part of the problem is that the biggest game is Pathfucker, but that's really (essentially) a 15 year old game that has been done to death and there is only so much that can be talked about.

Another problem is that 5e is shitty, but it's shitty in such a boring way and no one here argues in favor of it, so no one cares. It's basically a non-issue that is only there to be laughed at.

There are almost no raging arguments anymore, and when there is a debate, it's about something boring and no one cares.

There are not enough factions who disagree and can argue about stuff. Everyone pretty much faps to the same shit, and there are no big issues over which people yell at each other.

What are you guys doing to fix this problem? The answer is not more OSSR threads for games that like 4 people in the history of mankind ever played.
Oh, then you are an idiot. Because infected slut princess has never posted anything worth reading at any time.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Cute.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
ACOS
Knight

Post by ACOS »

I think you already answered your own question.
Also, traffic is down to but a trickle of what it was in the past.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard
erik
King

Post by erik »

Yep. You answered your own questions and I think the OSSR's are very nice material to fill the void until something new comes about beyond the various yearly projects.

I reckon Pathfinder will do a reboot at some point and we can rage at either a pathetic failure of ambition to create an honest to god improved new edition, or a glorious failure of incompetence when they are not up to the task of creating an improved new edition.

And Earthdawn 4e may be out in people's hands soon and be an exciting development.
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

What do you want?
"Most men are of no more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into excrement." - Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci
Windjammer
Master

Re: TGDMB is boring, needs more conflict.

Post by Windjammer »

Hitchens entitled his book about Clinton, 'No one left to lie to'. The current age is, 'WotC: no one left to disappoint'.

So, in the absence of things worth fighting for, people have nothing left to fight over.
Last edited by Windjammer on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Windjammer wrote:Hitchens entitled his book about Clinton, 'No one left to lie to'. .
Was that by Hitchens?!
I read some of it once and was amused, but it never clicked that he was the author. Neat.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

I think Pathfucker 2 needs to come out, or TGDMB needs more enemies. I got a kick out of people like the 4rries, Shadzar, or Shadow Balls. Needs fewer people like fectin.
Oh, then you are an idiot. Because infected slut princess has never posted anything worth reading at any time.
TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

Currently the biggest source for idiots joining the board are the Ars Magica fans who show up every time Frank points out the glaring problems with it. They tend to be good for a laugh or two.
virgil wrote:Lovecraft didn't later add a love triangle between Dagon, Chtulhu, & the Colour-Out-of-Space; only to have it broken up through cyber-bullying by the King in Yellow.
FrankTrollman wrote:If your enemy is fucking Gravity, are you helping or hindering it by putting things on high shelves? I don't fucking know! That's not even a thing. Your enemy can't be Gravity, because that's stupid.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

infected slut princess wrote: What are you guys doing to fix this problem? The answer is not more OSSR threads for games that like 4 people in the history of mankind ever played.
If you don't like it then you get off your fucking ass and do something and quit bitching already.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

A_H: Don't feed the idiot trolls, dear. Just don't do it.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Sakuya Izayoi
Knight

Post by Sakuya Izayoi »

I'd like to get the attention of someone as vain as Shitmuffin, but not as exhausting to engage with. I know there are plenty of assholes on the Internet who could use a good verbal flogging. Too many know this place by reputation, sadly, like the guys on Something Awful who accuse you of worshiping Frank Trollman because you don't get a boner from the 4e Fighter.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

I could go back to my old ways and start another LM thread, those were always full of conflict.
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

Sakuya: That Shitmuffin guy is easily one of the most annoying posters I have ever seen and reading the threads with him participating makes me want to die. He isn't even a useful foil for good ideas because he is so damn annoying. Anyone remember that Random Casualty guy? I disagreed with most of what he said but he seemed like a reasonable guy. I wish there were more people liek that. I think K and Phonelobster have a lot of interesting ideas that are different and interesting and get people riled up, but they don't post very much sadly. Some new posters pop up once in awhile but it seems like they get hit with such hostility they disappear quickly.

Mistfuck: You should make more controversial threads, I enjoyed some of your old ones. Not a Fighter thread, because that's been done to death and as evidenced by the latest Fighter thread, it doesn't even get people riled up anymore.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I can't help you with the conflict, bro. A combination of a great job with benefits, great friends (also with benefits), and doctor-prescribed drugs has kept me more mellow than I have been... well ever.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

infected slut princess wrote:Sakuya: That Shitmuffin guy is easily one of the most annoying posters I have ever seen and reading the threads with him participating makes me want to die. He isn't even a useful foil for good ideas because he is so damn annoying.
IRONY!
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I was about to make the mistake of posting on a spam thread, so I'll do this here instead-

Slutty, spam is for eating or throwing away, not feeding.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Can't you burn it as a candle in a power outage?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I wouldn't doubt it.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I like spam... it's great on toast with an over-easy egg. Cut a slice, fry it up... good eatin'.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
tussock
Prince

Post by tussock »

I could do a glowing review of the 5e DMG. Except that I've sort of read it, so, I mean, it would enhance my reputation for being wrong all the time. Or am I wrong? Hmm.
PC, SJW, anti-fascist, not being a dick, or working on it, he/him.