Chrono Trigger

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

MrWaeseL
Duke

Chrono Trigger

Post by MrWaeseL »

FrankTrollman wrote:Hell, when you play Chronotrigger (which if you haven't, you should rectify that immediately)

FrankTrollman wrote:Really, the best buff system ever employed was in Chrono Trigger, and I'm virtually positive that's as good as a buff system can get

So tell me why you like this game so much. I'm playing it and I think it's a pretty good game, but not the be-all-end-all of RPG's.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Re: Chrono Trigger

Post by Lago_AM3P »

The buff system in Chrono Trigger works one of two ways.

The game has (a) fairly rare but easy-to-get item(s) that either give your party member shell status (magic attacks reduced to 2/3) protect (physical attacks reduced to the same amount) and haste (the charge time counter increases to 4/3).

Status effects in this game are fairly useless, though, mostly because almost no enemy ever uses them. So much for debuffs.

There's also a slot for equipment in the game that gives one from a huge selection of permanent 'buffs' during battle (with the exception of one one-use item) with your equipment slot. However, some equipment (helms and armor) gave additional buffs and these were generally better than anything you could ever hope to get.

Also, there was one triple tech that gave your entire party a second life. This is vital towards completing the game's low-level challenge.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Also, I would like to point out that I would totally bang Ayla if it was possible.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

She's a little too cavewoman for my taste. And my wife would probably mention that Ayla is sooo two-dimensional.
Koumei wrote:If other sites had plenty of good homebrew stuff the Den wouldn't need to exist. We don't come here because we like each other.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Lago_AM3P wrote:Also, there was one triple tech that gave your entire party a second life. This is vital towards completing the game's low-level challenge.

Which one is that?
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I want to say Crono-Marle-Robo, but I might be wrong, it's been years since I played that game.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
rapanui
Knight

Post by rapanui »

Lucca is the hottie in that game. Pun intended.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Are you supposed to lose Epoch when you go up that mountain to revive Crono? Because I parked it at the base and it's not there any more.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

The game moves it to the End of time after that event. Go to the End of time, and go to the end of that staricase in the southeast corner that doesn't seem to go anywhere.