The joys of rap

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

MrWaeseL
Duke

The joys of rap

Post by MrWaeseL »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Link disabled due to it containing words that neither Santa Claus nor Bbboy would approve of. I urge you to PM Mr. W for the link, however, as it is pretty damn funny.
[/TGFBS]

It's N.W.A's album "straight outta compton", but with each song condensed to just the swear words. Hilarious.
Wrenfield
Master

Re: The joys of rap

Post by Wrenfield »

Now *that* ... is some serious Tourette's Syndrome.

Although this totally trumps most of modern-day rap & hip-hop.
Alhadis
NPC

Post by Alhadis »

(laughs) Man, why do people always assume that us people with Tourette Syndrome always swear non-stop? Hey, I'll admit I cuss like a sailor, but that's just part of who I am (and part of being an Aussie XD), not because of the fact that I have Tourette Syndrome. ^_~; (PS: Having TS is NOT a picnic, to say the least. :bored: )
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I have a friend who has tourette's.

I'd say it's less swearing uncontrollably as it is not having a clue what is and isn't socially acceptable in his case. Can't speak for Alhadis, as I've heard it can take different forms with different people.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Wrenfield
Master

Post by Wrenfield »

Alhadis at [unixtime wrote:1116164112[/unixtime]](laughs) Man, why do people always assume that us people with Tourette Syndrome always swear non-stop? Hey, I'll admit I cuss like a sailor, but that's just part of who I am (and part of being an Aussie XD), not because of the fact that I have Tourette Syndrome. ^_~; (PS: Having TS is NOT a picnic, to say the least. :bored: )
There is no assumption. My best friend and an ex-coworker have TS. Both have clinically different forms of TS. They also both uttered profanities when TS was triggering. If not from desire to do so during the events, then from the frustration of being unable to control the events and interlacing the profanities during those bouts.

In their own unique ways, they both at least had a sense of humour in dealing with their dilemmas.
Alhadis
NPC

Post by Alhadis »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1116173437[/unixtime]]I have a friend who has tourette's.

I'd say it's less swearing uncontrollably as it is not having a clue what is and isn't socially acceptable in his case. Can't speak for Alhadis, as I've heard it can take different forms with different people.

You hit the nail right on the head, Arioch. :) Yes, there are different variations of how Tourette Syndrome influences somebody's mindset (but I was merely saying that not ALL forms of TS force one to swear uncontrollably. As is often seen in the media). And your note about not knowing what was socially acceptable is speaking more truth then you know. Tourette Syndrome is often paired with what's called as a "pervasive developmental disorder", otherwise known as Autism. ;-_-; A closely-related condition is Asperger Syndrome, which is on the autistic spectrum. In any case, they're linked to Tourette Syndrome (and vice versa... and it's often very common to see people with TS suffer from ADHD as well). So all in all, it can relate to a very, *very* difficult case to handle when they're born with all three symptoms. Between not reading people's reactions and wondering why they're annoyed and tired of your own hyperactivity (as well as your spontaneous mannerisms and sounds... they're called "tics"), it can make you pretty isolated and stressed. And unfortunately, I happen to have all three: TS, ADHD and Asperger Syndrome. :bored: Among other things, particularly Bipolar disorder and what was *very* nearly Chronic schizophrenia (but my medication kept my mind that extra inch from collapsing into complete mental instability altogether).

Quite a lovely host of mental conditions I have, isn't it? Nevertheless, I'm still thankful that I'm not worse off... and believe me, it CAN be a lot worse. ;-_-; Some problems other people suffer from make my own look like crap. So I never bitch about my own issues to anybody (ever). Only giving candid explanations, like this one.