Name Changing

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Well, so, why can't he have it if it's not used?

-Crissa
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Never said he couldn't. I was waiting for verification after my post. I'll get it next...

edit: completed
Last edited by Zherog on Sun May 30, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

I only use the -eso suffix when my preferred name's taken, which I just now realized isn't the case here. Would it be possible to change my name to Virgil?
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Done. :) I wish everything I had to fix was this easy....
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

I think it's time to change my name from Lago PARANOIA...

to Legend of Lago Maxx. With the period in it.

Make it so. :kindacool:
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

Too silly? Okay okay, how about Lago NOVEMBER 20?
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
For Valor
Knight-Baron

Post by For Valor »

why Lago.... why?
Mask wrote:And for the love of all that is good and unholy, just get a fucking hippogrif mount and pretend its a flying worg.
DragonChild
Knight-Baron

Post by DragonChild »

From my understanding, it's a two part thing.

All of the stuff after Lago are difficult Dance Dance Revolution songs to play.

Second, Lago is crazy.
Last edited by DragonChild on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I think you have the order reversed there, DragonChild.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Lago PARANOIA wrote:I think it's time to change my name from Lago PARANOIA...

to Legend of Lago Maxx. With the period in it.

Make it so. :kindacool:
[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Keep in mind Z does the data base maintaining thing for free. So, yes, he has said several times that name changing is an easy fix, but I would like to reserve it for things like typos, or "this name wasn't available when I registered on the old board, but is here for whatever reason". That sort of thing.

That said, I have no problem with this request as long as you plan on keeping it for a while. Changing your name for cosmetic/vanity reasons is not forbidden per se, but abusing Z's desire to fly solo in the IT department virtually free of charge is.

We will change your name, Lago, but it is yours until at least this time next year.

Sound fair?
[/TGFBS]
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

And if so, let me know which of the options posted above you prefer...
You can't fix stupid.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Could I get the "_Anima" removed from my username?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Prak wrote:Could I get the "_Anima" removed from my username?
Sure.

Game On,
fbmf
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Awesome, thank you.

koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Could I have my name changed to 'koz' (without the quotes, obviously)?
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Sure.

Game On,
fbmf
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Who was Koz?
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Orion wrote:Who was Koz?
That's my actual name. In real life.
fbmf wrote:Sure.

Game On,
fbmf
Thanks, Mighty Barrier-Erector!
Last edited by koz on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Wait, who did Koz use to be? I know I've seen that sig before but I forget where from.
TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

He was Mister_Sinister.
virgil wrote:Lovecraft didn't later add a love triangle between Dagon, Chtulhu, & the Colour-Out-of-Space; only to have it broken up through cyber-bullying by the King in Yellow.
FrankTrollman wrote:If your enemy is fucking Gravity, are you helping or hindering it by putting things on high shelves? I don't fucking know! That's not even a thing. Your enemy can't be Gravity, because that's stupid.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

O Great Fence Builder,

could you change my name to STSilva? It being from my birth name, I wouldn't change it further in any case I can conceive now. (FWIW, I intend to acknowledge the previous name in the signature.)
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

That's gonna make conversations about silva confusing to new posters.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Chamomile wrote:That's gonna make conversations about silva confusing to new posters.
Very much agree with this, Bigode. Are you sure you want to do this?

Game On,
fbmf
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

fbmf wrote:
Chamomile wrote:That's gonna make conversations about silva confusing to new posters.
Very much agree with this, Bigode. Are you sure you want to do this?

Game On,
fbmf
Forget about it. Thanks for the attention.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

In the name of standardizing my username with my username on several other sites, can get my name changed from "Lord Mistborn" to just "Mistborn"

Edit: thanks
Last edited by Mistborn on Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.