A Carbon-using Superhero

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Lago_AM3P
Duke

A Carbon-using Superhero

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Okay. Despite the bad graphics, poor pacing, antiquated battle system, and zero character development, Earthbound rocks your billy socks.

Anyway. There's a boss in that game called Carbon Dog, who is basically a giant dog made out of fire. When he suffers enough damage, he turns into Diamond Dog, which is a dog made out of diamond. Durr.

Anyway, say that there was a superhero invented who had complete mastery of inorganic carbons. He could even temporarily create them from nothing. I mean completely mastery. What all powers would that entail?

Just a quick search through the encyclopedia showed that:

1.) He could weaken steel by ripping out the carbon.
2.) Create diamonds! Diamonds!
3.) Throw extremely volatile fireballs.
4.) Plastic, bitch.
5.) Shoot carbon monoxide lasers.

Any others?
Username17
Serious Badass

Re: A Carbon-using Superhero

Post by Username17 »

Plastic is usually organic carbons, but yeah.

Graphite is the active ingredient in pencils and itself is:

1> An extremely good solid-state lube.
2> An extremely good cloud of darkness.

Diamond is useful mostly for creating clouds of micro-crystals, which would act as emory dust and basically destroy all objects with moving parts. Including lungs.

Carbon Monoxide is a horribly deadly poison that turns your blood orange.

Anyone with mastery of inorganic carbon would be called "Deathcloud".

-Username17
rapanui
Knight

Post by rapanui »

What elements are we allowed to play with here? Just Carbon? Because the monoxide trick still requires oxygen and the plastic trick requires hydrogen and oxygen.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

You can make carbon out of nothing and cause it to instantly combine with available elements as you see fit.

Since there's nitrogen, hydrogen, and oxygen readily available in the air, I used those.
rapanui
Knight

Post by rapanui »

Oh, dude. Then there's almost no end to the kinds of poisons you can make. Cyanide is child's play. You can also make fats, oils, high explosives, sugar... if this guy some ranks in Profession(Cook) he can whip up a cake and fill it full of deadly toxins.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

I guess if you had a source of flouride (from touching the city's potable water) you could cover yourself in extremely powerful piezoelectric crystals and totally shoot painful lightning bolts.

Or give yourself carbon-threaded armor, the earliest prototypes being at least 3x stronger than the best kevlar.