We are in so much trouble.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

RandomCasualty
Prince

Re: We are in so much trouble.

Post by RandomCasualty »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1105825766[/unixtime]]Starcraft was sorta fun, but it made me hate people who say "kekekekekekeke" or "^____________________^" a lot.

Yeah. There were some really annoying people you'd play in that game. But still pound for pound, it was the most balanced and fun RTS game out there.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

This thread is why America is doomed:

We got distracted from the topic of democracy being diverted to talk about computer games like that.

On the other hand, George Washington bribed everyone with huge quantities of alcohol for his first election and Thomas Jefferson ran a campaign that would be considered extremely illegal today. And the Republic still stands. So who knows.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Could you even bribe people with alcohol back in those day?

I know that it wasn't considered unusual to start the day with a belt of grain first thing in the morning . . .
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Actually, people drinking a whole lot more alcohol made it easier to bribe people with it.

On the whole idea of Freedom and democracy going by the wayside. Have you seen This Stuff?

It seems that the Bushg Administration feels the need to expand the Guantanamo Bay facilities to house the indefinate confinement of terror suspects that it does not have the evidence to bring formal charges against. In case that wasn't put in sufficiently alarming terms:

1. They don't have enough evidence to convince Americans that these brown people from a distant land are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

2. They are going to keep them in prison forever anyway.

-Username17
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Yeah. I'm curious why the Guantanamo Bay prison still stands. I mean, the international community shouldn't stand for this.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I'm guessing that the international community is scared of our huge American penis.

To be honest, they really shouldn't. If you're going to hold someone, I think you better have good reason. But America decided that holding people who may or may not be guilty of crimes without trial indefinately is not nearly as bad as seeing two homos walk down the aisle together.

I don't know what's more infuriating, the idea that they are doing this, or the fact that the majority supports these actions.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

You know, I'm even okay with the unconstitutional, treaty-violating, unAmerican, antidemocratic, totalitatian fascist practive of holding people without reason - provided that it's done for short periods of time and blamed on incompetence/miscommunications once it comes to light (or kept entirely in the dark so that it never comes to light - that's what espionage is all about). But there really is no excuse for indefinitely holding internationally famous prisoners without charge.

Not even your fvcking tax "cut" that fvcking tripled my taxes you fvcking fvckos.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
The_Hanged_Man
Knight-Baron

Post by The_Hanged_Man »

Josh_Kablack at [unixtime wrote:1106004983[/unixtime]]Not even your fvcking tax "cut" that fvcking tripled my taxes you fvcking fvckos.

*me spitting diet pepsi all over T_ M_'s arrest report*

lmao

Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Indefinate incarceration without evidence is supposed to be hush-hush. It works just fine if you can keep it a secret.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

I declare Battle for Middle Earth to be totally awesome.
Sma
Master

Post by Sma »

For about three hours, from whence on it get´s to be totally boring, due to Elven Warriors being teh win.