Shadowrun Light ?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

silva
Duke

Shadowrun Light ?

Post by silva »

Im thinking about making a Shadowrun frankenstein getting all the simpler ideas from across all editions to make the most "light" version ever, favoring simplicity and speed of play over anything else.

Ie:

- Priority based creation;
- Fixed target numbers;
- 6 atributes;
- Generalist skills (= Firearms instead of Pistols);
- no specific dice pools (combat/hacking/control/etc);
- Fixed Initiative passes;
- etc.

What you guys think? Is there already a modification like this somewhere ?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by silva on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

If those are your parameters you may as well just steal AS's Danger chapter wholesale, since it has fixed target numbers, a proportional damage system and starts with the assumption that you'll be using 6 attributes.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bears fall, everyone dies
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Cool. Know where I can take a look at it ?
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

silva wrote:Cool. Know where I can take a look at it ?
http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=52316
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Updating to say this has been our default mode of play since then. We have cut the fat to the base essentials of the system, keeping only the resolution method and stripping out the sub-systems. Ie: no combat and initiative sub- system (the player with wired/boosted reflexes go first, no simple/complex actions, etc); no "shopping math" at char creation (each archetype gets for free its iconic gear as long its reasonable), no looking at tables for range, luminosity, etc for calculating rolls modifiers (we simply eyeball the difficulty and that's it).

My group is very happy with it. I'll post more impressions later.
Last edited by silva on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.