Kickstarter Shilling Thread (non video game projects)

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Josh_Kablack
King

Kickstarter Shilling Thread (non video game projects)

Post by Josh_Kablack »

I thought we had one of these, but all I see is the video game KS thread in IGtMaC.

And this Calendar with puppy versions of D&D monsters clearly isn't a video game, but is the sort of thing a bunch of D&D nerds might want to back.
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

It seems you are correct. I could have sworn we had a non-video game one.

On a specific note about that one- oh my god, baby chimera are unreasonably adorable.

Also baby gryphons, but that's mostly because I learned to today that, generally speaking, ground birds are the ones with cute babies, while birds that fly a lot actually have the ugly nestlings.

edit: *sigh* I am justifying my pledge by saying I'm doing it instead of a current gen system this season. And because it'll be awesome.
Last edited by Prak on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I don't know how many people will care, given that this is a geographic project, but if anyone makes trips to Sacramento, or is just interested in helping some gamer entrepreneurs out, I found Save Point Tavern and sent a bit of money their way (and will be sending a resume too, if it funds).

I also found Zen Dice, some pretty cool zen themed d6s that make me wish monks were fucking viable:

And Wizard's Gambit, an arcane themed rpg dice set:
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Well, I've recently backed this.
silva
Duke

Spirit of 77 - a Funky 1970s Roleplaying Game

Post by silva »

The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
ACOS
Knight

Post by ACOS »

Spirit of 77 wrote: Spirit of 77 uses the Apocalypse World engine created by D. Vincent Baker

Now I know you're trolling us. :flames:
erik
King

Post by erik »

I clicked on this link earlier and was filled with the same self loathing that I have when I click on other stupid manipulative links. My subconscious is like "Erik would like this- hey hand: click that shit before his brain catches up and let's surprise him!"

"oh, a new game thread about some obscure game I don't know! *click* shit. A silva thread. Why didn't I see that?"
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

It's a cute idea that might be interesting for a one shot game. Not something I'd pay for though.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

I predict this thread will meet a...
grizzly fate
Last edited by Mistborn on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wulfbanes
1st Level

Post by Wulfbanes »

I just find it hard to believe someone pledged 2500 dollars for that.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Feng Shui 2nd Edition has a live campaign now.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
TheFlatline
Prince

Post by TheFlatline »

Trademarks aside I would have called it Grindhouse. It has more to do with the blaxploitation, chop socky, and skin flicks (SS Battle Nuns in Prison! Part 3!) than anything really to do with the 70's.

Then I would have added in abilities like Bad Editing, reused footage, and the infamous <MISSING SCENE>

BAD GUY: You're stuck in a pit slowly filling with burning gasoline! If the fire doesn't kill you the lack of air will! I'm going to enjoy this!

<MISSING SCENE>

GOOD GUY: I would have never thought to use Pubic Hair to get out of that kind of situation. Wow!
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Why is the dead tree version $50? I'm more inclined not to back it and just print an online PDF.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

I had posted a couple of "products on spec" threads, because the initialism amused me.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Sakuya Izayoi
Knight

Post by Sakuya Izayoi »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/as ... ?ref=users

A cynical grab for that Cards Against Humanity money doesn't exactly instill a lot of faith in their ability to create compelling universes to roleplay in.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

That KS campaign misspells Jeff Goldblum's name, uses an un-ironic greengrocers' apostrophe and splits a link for no reason -- within the first four sentences of its pitch.
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Shouldn't this thread be in the Kickstarter shill thread?
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Leress wrote:Shouldn't this thread be in the Kickstarter shill thread?
No, actually it shouldn't have been moved. The prior two posts were derisively mocking an already closed KS campaign - which is pretty much the opposite of shilling.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

ACOS wrote:
Spirit of 77 wrote: Spirit of 77 uses the Apocalypse World engine created by D. Vincent Baker

Now I know you're trolling us. :flames:
I don't know... quantum bears would make a Cannonball Run game very entertaining.
Last edited by Prak on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ACOS
Knight

Post by ACOS »

Prak_Anima wrote: I don't know... quantum bears would make a Cannonball Run game very entertaining.
That could be hilarious.
That said, this could only be something that you play as one-shots on silly beer-n-pretzel nights
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

ACOS wrote:
Prak_Anima wrote: I don't know... quantum bears would make a Cannonball Run game very entertaining.
That could be hilarious.
That said, this could only be something that you play as one-shots on silly bear-n-pretzel nights
Fixed that for you. Clearly, Spirit of '77 needs to support bear man as an archetype.

ACOS
Knight

Post by ACOS »

Prak_Anima wrote:
ACOS wrote:
That could be hilarious.
That said, this could only be something that you play as one-shots on silly bear-n-pretzel nights
Fixed that for you. Clearly, Spirit of '77 needs to support bear man as an archetype.
I can't believe I missed this :facepalm: ....

either

or

:thumb:
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I was thinking about making a quantum primates joke, but I'm much more amused by the idea of Spirit of '77 having Quantum Huggy Bears.

ACOS
Knight

Post by ACOS »

Prak_Anima wrote:I was thinking about making a quantum primates joke, but I'm much more amused by the idea of Spirit of '77 having Quantum Huggy Bears.
:rofl:
:thumb:
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, the Wizard's Gambit kickstarter has about four days left, and the creator dropped a pretty cool stretch goal. If the project hits $75k (it's at $48k now), everyone gets a free dice set.