Degenesis: Some German post-apoc RPG/LARP(?) game

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Judging__Eagle
Prince

Degenesis: Some German post-apoc RPG/LARP(?) game

Post by Judging__Eagle »

I was wondering if anyone here has ever heard about a German rpg system/setting called "Degenesis" that apparently came out in 2003, and is being re-released in the near future.

I found the following English translation, and haven't gone through it, but so far it doesn't seem like it has anything promising except for very polished art.

http://rpggeek.com/thread/422979/free-d ... core-rules
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Hah. Yeah. I was briefly attached to the project when it was being translated into English. It has some very weird concepts, and is something of an inspiration (I think) for Eclipse Phase.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

For anyone too bored to click the link, Degenesis is a post-apocalyptic game set in Europe after a wopping big meteorite smacked into the middle of it; central government has collapsed, different factions have arisen, religions have gone wonky, and the meteorite brought spores with it that have led to some weird para-psychic mutants. There's still some high technology (including people that carry around their own printers so they can print their own money, which sounds insane and is indeed so, but probably not as much as you think), but I was never exactly clear what adventurers were supposed to do, or why - although I suppose it was a bit like Fallout or Mad Max in that regard. It uses something called CatharSys for it's main engine, which is about workable for character generation but is otherwise not particularly special.