All about you

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Re: All about you

Post by Ramnza »

See, see, now we're communicating!
I had my share of bad experiences, but they were all in middle school when I was very much the outcast.
Jack_Lurch
Apprentice

Post by Jack_Lurch »

Ramnza wrote:

What is this? Marriage counseling?

-Jack
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Yeah, because to qualify for effective communication, you have to be married and not just trying to say something to someone.

;)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Alhadis
NPC

Post by Alhadis »

Wow...Wow. That was really detailed. I feel like you just cleaned out your closet. Cool beans.

Well... thank you. ^_^ Still, I guess it's just contribution, right? :)

My teenage years are officially the worse years of my life, and they got immensely better as I became an adult.

That's the thing, you see? My teenage years give me identity as who I am, but I *still* don't want to remain a kid forever! :( In fact, conversely speaking, my adolescent years are easily going to be the worst years of my life. :( I'm an Ivory Tower in nearly every way.

Cling, cling, cling on to your teens baby, cause let me tell you, I'm going to turn 24 in Feb, and I feel...well, I fell like I'm still 16. Maybe you don't have to cling afterall. Probably because I still look like I'm 16. In fact today I got hit on at the supermarket and eventually had to tell the guy that I'd be robbing the cradle, among other things.

Robbing the cradle? (Sorry, I don't know that phrase.:sad: What's it mean?) And you say you still look 16? Well, maybe things aren't *all* bad. :)

Run in horror from the terror that is the teenage years! Get the hell out ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Already ahead of ya.:bolt:

Yes! You bet, just call us Nokia! ^_^ ("Helping people connect!")
I had my share of bad experiences, but they were all in middle school when I was very much the outcast.

Wow, you were an outcast too? :sad: I'm sorry to hear that... because I know the feeling WAY too well. In fact, I'm more an outcast then anything remotely social. Well, *okay*... INDIVIDUAL would be a better descriptive term. When you're living in a school of sickening conformity, where goons and jocks dress, speak, walk, and act the same way just to look "cool" (and above it all, they arbitrarily attack anybody who's different just to conform to their own, twisted standards), you really tend to value an individualistic nature. :sad:

:sad: Sorry, I've gone on too much... I'll stop here. Guess the last thing you guys want is to be burdened with somebody else's problems.
- Alhadis. ^_~;
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

Alhadis: Usually the term "Robbing the cradle" means sleeping with someone who you are old enough to be the parent of, but I've also heard it used in reference of sleeping with someone underage when you're not.

As fer me, I'm 25, I liven in Houston Texas, and I work for a siezmic survey company. When they bring back information about oil and natural gas from the feild, they often have to have paper copies of that, I mind the large, two-to three foot printers that this is done with.

-Desdan
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
Jack_Lurch
Apprentice

Post by Jack_Lurch »

Desdan wrote:
Alhadis: Usually the term "Robbing the cradle" means sleeping with someone who you are old enough to be the parent of, but I've also heard it used in reference of sleeping with someone underage when you're not.

Where I'm from, you don't even have to be sleeping with the younger person. On your first date, before anything happens, you are considered to be RtC.

-Jack
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Here (Australia) robbing the cradle is used like Jack said. Except that you don't need to be old enough to be your date's parent, just enough of a difference for people to think its odd.
Mole_2
1st Level

Post by Mole_2 »

I am English, forty and married (robbed a cradle there, my wife is 10 years younger than me) with 2 lovely daughters.
We live in Lincolnshire (the English answer to Iowa), but I commute 120 miles each way to London to design multi-tier architecture computer systems.

Been playing dnd at least weekly since I was 18 except for the 3 years spent bummming around the world in my late twenties/early thirties (I know it is traditional to go after graduation, but it took me a while to get it together). Our Thursday group still has 4 originals going back to college days and I am the principle DM (and my commute is a great chanceto write DND) , although I will get to play again soon......
Mole_2
1st Level

Post by Mole_2 »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1074188657[/unixtime]]No no no!

Run in horror from the terror that is the teenage years! Get the hell out ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Teenage years are forgettable - I can't remember much of mine.

Apparently I enjoyed them though.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Mole_2 at [unixtime wrote:1075127507[/unixtime]]
for the 3 years spent bummming around the world in my late twenties/early thirties (I know it is traditional to go after graduation, but it took me a while to get it together).

That sounds like a cool tradition.

Bah, I never got to do anything cool. Image
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

That's me. I go to school full time, majoring in Health Sciences (a fancy word for Pre Med). I used to work as an EMT, and I write Final Fantasy d20 and Pokemon d20 rules when I have time (which is rarely these days).

My life revolves around only a few things:

* Saving Lives
* Playing Games
* Eating Food

That, and I am a Communist.

-Username17
Jack_Lurch
Apprentice

Post by Jack_Lurch »

Do you regularly wear a kilt?

-Jack

PS - The orange camoflauge kicks ass by the way. <J>
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

You mean, you normally do not wear a kilt, Jack?

You're a weird dude.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

YAY! It's finally a picture of Frank with no pants!

You can't imagine how long he's kept this girl waiting...

;)

Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

Cool Frank. I don't have a pic of myself to post and if I did, I don't think that I'd know how to post it. Hmmm:rolleyes:

Hey Desdan you're not to far away! I'm in S.A. Kewl.

MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

I'm an 18 year old physics student...and i'm closer to alhadis than anyone else age-wise, apparently.

I have a job as mailman on saturday mornings, and in my free time I go to the gym, check some forums, and play D&D :)
Boulie_98
Journeyman

Post by Boulie_98 »

I'm 23, going 24, but have been told I look 21, tops :jump:

I used to be a student, now I'm an economist who can't get a decent job and has to harass people into buying more lottery tickets for a living. Much to my dismay, I'm better at it than I thought.

I like long walks on the beach, italian cuisine, and using my mental powers to have stuff spontaneously combust in blue flames. My life revolves around the sun.

Oh, and I'm Hollish, like Waesel.
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

Boulie_98 wrote:I'm 23, going 24, but have been told I look 21, tops

I have a similar problem. I'm 24 as of February and everyone thinks I'm 16 maybe 18. I look on the bright side, when I'm 40, I'm gonna be so hot. :biggrin:

Boulie_98
Journeyman

Post by Boulie_98 »

24 already? Old-timer! I stil have a full four months to go 'till I'm 24 :P

But seriously, if people estimate you're 6-8 years younger than you are is not a problem. :biggrin: If they estimated you 8 years older however, then you'd have a problem.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Frank, you bear an uncanny resemblance to my Uncle Charlie. You are definitely younger, and he has never worn a kilt to my knowledge, but in looks and stature you do look a lot like him.

Game On,
fbmf
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

You have an uncle Charlie, too, fbmf?

Is he crazy?
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I hope not. I'll be staying with him when I move up to Arlington in June.

Game On,
fbmf
rapanui
Knight

Post by rapanui »

Good format Alhadis... I'm going to use it.

Name: Jorge
Sex: Not yet.
Favourite Food: Sushi and chocolate. Preferably not at the same time.
Favourite Game: Currently Unreal Tournament 2004. Waiting for Half-Life 2.
Favourite Book: Can't pigeonhole a single favorite, but I guess my favorite fictional novel would have to be "Cat's Cradle" by Vonnegut... at least at this moment.
Preferred Core D&D Class: Wizard or Rogue
Favourite Core D&D Race: Halfling
Sport/Physical activites: Gym 6 times a week. :(
Eyes: Green
Hair: Going gray already.
Hobbies: PC Games, roleplaying games, wasting time on the net.
Job: Student... hopefully an actual scientist within the next 2 years. Maybe even a PhD some day.
Religion: Nietzsche-ian Anti-Christ.