Things that suck.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Username17
Serious Badass

Things that suck.

Post by Username17 »

OK, we seem to have lost the information off the scshop server - which means that anything on the Pokemon d20 page we didn't have backups for is gone. Since Emma's computer also crashed not all that long ago - that means most of it is gone.

Anyone who has anything from that saved... um... could you send it too Emma or Myself?

I started putting it back together, but it was really big (probably recently exceeded the 10 meg limit in one of the storage areas, would be my guess), and it will take a lot of work regardless.

And that was the last resting place of a bunch of Emma art, some of which is wicked awesome:

And I think most of that is simply gone for good.

-Username17
Tae_Kwon_Dan
Journeyman

Re: Things that suck.

Post by Tae_Kwon_Dan »

All I can say is :sad:.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

That does indeed suck. Sorry, dude. FWIW.

Game On,
fbmf
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Ouch.

Here I was hoping that this was a thread about dustbusters and black holes.

I seem to have a folder entitled pokemonrichtext.zip that contains a half dozen files.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Could you send that to me?

ftrollma@ucsc.edu

-Username17
Josh_Kablack
King

Re: D'oh

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Wiiiight,

If the server is lost, then the email I sent to your old addy didn't reach you. :blush:
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Username17
Serious Badass

Re: D'oh

Post by Username17 »

Yah, started putting those classes back up.

I'm overhauling them to 3.5 while I do it. Ugh. I hate 3.5.

http://www.scshop.com/~ritaxis/rocket.h ... [br]-Username17
Modesitt
Journeyman

SOME of it sorta got saved

Post by Modesitt »

If you haven't checked it already, The Internet Archive has a rather out of date and incomplete copy of the site.

You however, are in luck, for Google's caching works in very mysterious ways that result in it looking like everything you ever put on the page was cached at some point in the near-past or at least most of it.

Link to the Google search that led me to this belief. Just click 'cache' below each one and voila, you're suddenly looking at one page of your work. Tedious and would take a long time, but a lot less time than you'd spend rewriting it all.

Example: Koffing

If the Updates page is accurate, it looks like this cache is from about 4 months ago. 08/25/03 to be precise.
User3
Prince

Re: SOME of it sorta got saved

Post by User3 »

That's odd - when I checked it out, the last update was from less than two months after we started the website - December of 2002.

But thankyou - any help is a big help. We had a lot of stuff up on that site, and to loose it all at once is rather a big hit.

-Emma
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

But on closer examination of the Google search, I think that most or all of the text may be there. You are completely the hero.

-Emma
Alhadis
NPC

Post by Alhadis »

Man, that sucks!!:disgusted: Did you guys have a Server Side-backup?:confused:

My condolensces.:sad: