I just read the Booby Knight rules

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I have a special paint I use for basing, it's extra watery and is pretty much just a thin layer that helps paint stick to the plastic.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Akiosama
NPC

Post by Akiosama »

I'm a pretty big fan of Reaper paints - they have a pretty good color selection, the triad system of paint sets (highlight/midtone/shade sold as a set), dropper bottles, and they thin out pretty well.

As for Relic Knights, I'm glad they're finally out the door. I have a couple individual models to work on (Xmas present from my (then not ex-)GF), and they're pretty awesome. (One is Calico Kate who's pretty sweet looking - her familiar is, too.)

I'm hoping the rules work out well - the models are pretty kick ass, especially the Relic Knights themselves. I think all the mecha look pretty good, and I'm a fan of the pin-up style of artwork. It doesn't ALL translate well to miniature form, but I haven't seen many examples where the artwork and the actual model are completely identical in style, at least for human models. Even Tim 'Talin' Collier's work - which I think is some of the best artwork out there for fantasy figures - doesn't always translate well when Reaper makes their minis.

As for Soda Pop Miniatures, don't forget, they're also the people who made Super Dungeon Explore, which is a pretty fun game in its own right. I just don't like having to clean up all the figures for that game. :tongue:

(It's a good game, but not quite as 'out-of-the-box-playable' as Krossmaster Arena - but I'm biased - I do demos for JapAnime games at local conventions here in Los Angeles.)

My 2 yen,

Akiosama
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, I know someone who plays Super Dungeon Explore, and he's delighted with it. Plays it regularly with the missus.

I'm looking forward to just assembling and painting everything. Getting a few games in can come later, though I imagine it'll be tricky and complicated with all the tokens and things.

Edit: turns out I still have some Necron minis to paint, from a hundred years ago. Should I do them up in Cerci Speed Circuit colours? :D
Last edited by Koumei on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.