[Conan/Call of Cthulhu d20]Shadow over Stygia Recruiting

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

And for what it's worth, I'm sorry that the game ran so long that the impetus largely died. I'd hoped to keep the energy up and get to a satisfying ending.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

It was a good game, honestly, I think it's just the format. It's hard to make PBP games work long term.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Yeah...I should have shortened things up. I think a climax and finale at the shrine probably would have been ideal, after the whole snakes-in-a-harem and tree-women thing. The Conan/Cthulhu d20 hybrid mix tends to fall apart a bit at fourth or fifth level.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

A lot of it's on me. I had a lot of weird shit irl happen fairly early on and it kinda knocked me out of rhythm before I could really get a handle on what I wanted to do with my character.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
bears fall, everyone dies
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

In the course of the adventure I moved from Beijing to San Francisco to found a mobile gaming startup (www.corgirun.com is our first game), but thanks for running it to completion Ancient History!
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Bravo everyone! I've been reading along the entire time and found the game thoroughly enjoyable. From the snake harem to the cliff fight against soldiers riding camelopards to now it's been a fantastic ride to read along with. It's crazy to think that it's over a year I've been watching the game, it had a really strong ambiance, a great mythos and the characters were well played. Thank you all for the entertainment.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.