Necro-posting rules?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

qwertyu63
NPC

Necro-posting rules?

Post by qwertyu63 »

I was led to this forum by a thread that was last posted to March 7th, and I want to know if posting in such a thread now would be against rules here. I couldn't find any rules on the topic here. Thank you in advance.
Last edited by qwertyu63 on Wed May 01, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foxwarrior
Duke

Post by Foxwarrior »

Hah. March 7th, 2013? That's not even old. If you necro a page from even earlier, like 2005, eyebrows will be raised, but no harm will come to you.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, no, we're not like the fucking idiots at Giant in the Playground. We would actually prefer you to necro than shit up the server space with a retread of an old thread.

Now, if you're diverging from the topic of an older thread, feel free to make a new one. But if you're commenting on something said in an old thread, just necro.

You should use the forum search to look up "thread necro" sometime to see how we handle it. You really don't have to worry, we are blessed with a mod who actually knows what the hell he's doing.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Someone will necro this thread in ten years.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'll make sure of it.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

I am going to confess this here, to ensure I don't do it: I had the idea earlier while exploring old threads to necro an old thread by a controversial former poster like Tzor just to see what kind of heart-attacks the possibility of said poster returning would inspire.
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.