Fighting Fantasy Let's Play: You Decide!

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Which book should I do next?

52 - Night Dragon
75%
56 - Knights of Doom
25%

Total votes: 4

Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Fighting Fantasy Let's Play: You Decide!

Post by Silent Wayfarer »

So I want to do another LP of a Fighting Fantasy book. My tastes run toward the fairly epic, and as it happens the two books I feel like doing are just that.

In Night Dragon, you are an adventurer who must battle an Ancient Dragon and the various threats standing in its way, to save the world and all in it from doom. Features ridiculous amounts of bling acquisition, among other things.

In Knights of Doom, you are a paladin, chosen by your order to defeat the Dark Lord Belgaroth and his Chaos Knights. Features awesome paladin powers and a very rudimentary mass combat system.

Ask me for more deets if you're interested. I haven't played them in years and I've largely forgotten the story, so I'll be going into both of them as blind as you.
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Ooh, ooh. Dragon slaying. I want.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

I heard that Knights of Doom is one of those pretty unforgiving ones that requires you to take a perfect route (and still difficult even with that), although I haven't read either of the books myself.

Add to the fact that Keith Martin is by favourite FF author, I pick Night Dragon.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Post by Silent Wayfarer »

Night Dragon it is, then!
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.