Final Fantasy d20--Min Max

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Lago_AM3P
Duke

Final Fantasy d20--Min Max

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Frank, I have a brain teaser for you.

Frank, what's the most twinkish melee character you can create using your Final Fantasy d20 rules? How does he compare against an 'average-case' character?

I'd ask in general, but it seems that the spell section is woefully incomplete.

---

As an aside...

This is shaping out to be a really awesome system, and I know you're busy, Frank, but I already know more than several people who don't frequent these boards who'd like to play.

Someone said that it was like FFXI, but without the bullshit.
Username17
Serious Badass

Re: Final Fantasy d20--Min Max

Post by Username17 »

Well, currently I'm in Tahoe, being strapped directly to a chair and having Spanish injected into my eye. It's a dangerous procedure, but at the end I get a cool bowler hat. As such, I can't really adjust the stuff on the web at all, so don't expect any updates for six weeks minimum.

The playtest results got kind of skewed, and made me want to go on a mad changing binge before I did more, which I never got around to. I'm sorry about that.

The most twinkish character people made with regards to "fighting" were ones which specialized in damage out-put. You could go really crazy if you simply went straight Fighter and put all of your exotic weapon proficiencies into the same weapon. A character with a two-handed extensible bastard weapon does crazy damage. If your companions include a Red Mage, you can basically take the vast majority of enemies and kill them before they ever have a chance to do anything.

I didn't really get the Monk to the point that I wanted it, but the Fighter, Rogue, and Archer are working reasonably well.

-Username17