star wars - firearms

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

oochiwa
NPC

star wars - firearms

Post by oochiwa »

Yo. I play Star Wars old-school rules: with only d6s. I'm not satisfied with the rules for firearms, so I'm trying to make my own. They're listed below, but my main problem is making a realistic way, without bogging down gameplay, to have a rule for spraying fire into a series of targets. If anybody plays star wars, let me know what you think, even if it's the new edition. I can always translate over rules/thoughts to the old rules. Thanks!

Firearms:

Single-shot: no modifier to hit (does single-shot damage)
3-shot burst: -1 to hit (does 3-shot damage)
Automatic: -1d to hit (does automatic damage)

(This means there's three types of damage for every weapon that can do automatic fire.)

Shot styles: It takes one action to switch from one firing method to another if the switch is done while firing. (Eg. If a shooter fires a single shot at one target and then switches to automatic to fire at another target, the switch counts as an action. If the shooter is familiar with the weapon and can reflexively find the firing switch, no action is required if performing an action other than firing such as dodging or repulsorlift operations. This means the shooter can declare to switch to another firing type without shooting while searching and dodging, and has no additional penalty for making the firing switch.)

Automatic fire damage: Use auto-fire damage. Roll to hit once for each second the weapon is fired, with each second counting as a separate action.

Spray and pray: This represents shooting from side-to-side from the hip, and not holding the sites on a target for any period of time. For every 10 rounds fired per second, one target may be hit. Roll separately to hit for each target at a -1d for each target, and count as blind firing if the shooter is not looking at their targets (adding the -1d per target as well). Use single-shot damage, and for every 10 rounds fired per second, add a +1 to the damage. If no other firing methods are used in a round, spray and pray counts as suppressing fire.

Automatic tracking: Once a hit is scored, all following shots automatically hit, thought the number of shots must be declared beforehand. Thereafter, five seconds of firing can be automatically declared as, and as long as one hit is scored, all five shots hit. If the shot misses, the automatic tracking is broken and the shooter must retry next round.

ckafrica
Duke

Re: star wars - firearms

Post by ckafrica »

-1 to hit is really nothing maybe -1d for 3 shots and -2or3d for burst.

on a related note I'm also looking to run a WEG starwars soon but I felt the attributes and skills need a bit of a redistribution to prevent anyone but a pilot maxing strength, dex and perception as they are the only attributes that actually matter on their own. WHat do people think?

Knowledge

Bureaucracy
Galactic Knowledge
Medical Care
Scholar
Streetwise
Survival
Tactics
Willpower

Technology

Arsenal Repair
Astrogation
Computer Systems
Droid Systems
Ground Vehicle Repair
Operate Sensors
Repulsorlift Repair
Starship Repair

Body

Hand to Hand Strike
Melee Strike
Climbing/Jumping
Lifting
Running
Stamina
Swimming
Throwing

Presence

Con
Empathy
Expression
Hide
Intimidation
Investigation
Perception
Persuasion

Agility

Heavy Weapons
Pistol
Projectiles
Riding
Rifle
Sneak
Starship Weapons
Vehicle Weapons

Reflexes

Dodge
Melee Parry
Hand to Hand Parry
Operate Shields
Pilot Starship
Pilot Repulsorlift
Pilot Ground Vehicle
Sleight of Hand

Also what are best online references for material like vehicles and planets? Need a detailed star map that is up to date
The internet gave a voice to the world thus gave definitive proof that the world is mostly full of idiots.
JonSetanta
King

Re: star wars - firearms

Post by JonSetanta »

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.