League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Daiba
Journeyman

Post by Daiba »

I'll have to wait for the 4.5 update to hit the Chinese servers before I can try Feral Flare. They're usually behind by a few weeks to over a month. I tried Pantheon jungle a few levels ago based on previous recommendations in this thread but could barely get out of the jungle alive. Either I'm not man enough or I'm doing something wrong.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Daiba wrote:I'll have to wait for the 4.5 update to hit the Chinese servers before I can try Feral Flare. They're usually behind by a few weeks to over a month. I tried Pantheon jungle a few levels ago based on previous recommendations in this thread but could barely get out of the jungle alive. Either I'm not man enough or I'm doing something wrong.
If you are trying to jungle with Panth without full runes and masteries you are going to fail. He has not great clear with a level 30, with under level 20 you are going to fail.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

Daiba wrote:I'll have to wait for the 4.5 update to hit the Chinese servers before I can try Feral Flare. They're usually behind by a few weeks to over a month. I tried Pantheon jungle a few levels ago based on previous recommendations in this thread but could barely get out of the jungle alive. Either I'm not man enough or I'm doing something wrong.
Combination of not man enough, not using his passive correctly, not having the required runes, not having a decent leash, and not using W during attack animations (if you aren't). Pantheon's clear takes maybe 2-3 pots (5 without a leash because that first buff is fucking brutal) to survive with full hp if you have flat AD quints, arpen reds and armor yellows. Without runes his clear time doesn't suffer as much as some other junglers because his optimal runes are pretty shitty for actual clear times, but if you're lacking in runes and everything else isn't perfect I could see Pantheon having a huge problem. His first clear is fairly dangerous without a leash even if you have runes.

After his first back Pantheon's clear is very safe due to his passive. He can clear golems without taking any damage at all.

If I had to suggest a relevant jungler that's pretty easy to play I'd say Nocturne. I haven't played him in a while but he's beastly with Feral Flare.

@My drunk stuff: It wasn't a good rant, but sticking together is important and something people don't do all the time. I follow up plays that I think might be stupid (there's a difference between obvious suicide and risky plays) because if my teammate dies the other team will probably take an objective whether I'm there or not. Later in the game this is even more important, because that Baron fight your Nocturne is ulting into is deciding the game whether you're there or not.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Finally fought my way out of bronze into silver. It has been quite a journey. I've been pantheon jungle a lot more lately. The bit of extra CC and mobility certainly helps. I didn't play panth before getting to ranked so I don't know how he is without runes. I'd go for an easier jungler though if I were giving someone advice. I played Vi for a while (because I never had to jungle before getting to ranked) and she was pretty easy to pick up on. I wouldn't play kha' zix for a while though. I've picked him up in the last month and I find him harder to effectively jungle with than panth.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Warwick is a pretty easy jungler to learn too- he has a safe clear, he's mechanically simple, and has a pretty easy decision-making tree (f ult is up gank, if not, farm)
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I remember xin being the easiest jungler level 10-20 with no runes, and given feral flare is the new OP, I'd assume that is even better.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

So this heal meta is just terrible. Why the fuck is barrier a summoner spell anymore? It's for one person and has LOWER NUMBERS than heal.

Fuck saying ignite counters heal, because heal still does more than barrier due to it being multi-target.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:So this heal meta is just terrible. Why the fuck is barrier a summoner spell anymore? It's for one person and has LOWER NUMBERS than heal.

Fuck saying ignite counters heal, because heal still does more than barrier due to it being multi-target.
I love this heal meta. I fucking hated barrier, it was and is a shitty spell. Heal now gives move speed and cleanses grevious wounds stuff, if they nerfed heal's actual heal and removed barrier from the game the game would be better for it. Barrier is the least interesting spell.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

The thing that bothers me most is that both bot laners can come with heal now and be impossible to get a kill on. It's like having two barriers per person.

If heal were a healing over time effect, I could dig that. I just hate how passive it makes the laning phase.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Kaelik wrote: I love this heal meta. I fucking hated barrier, it was and is a shitty spell. Heal now gives move speed and cleanses grevious wounds stuff, if they nerfed heal's actual heal and removed barrier from the game the game would be better for it. Barrier is the least interesting spell.
What?

Heal is non-interactive for your opponents. You can't do anything against heal except buy items that reduce its effectiveness or use ignite.

Barrier was an interesting thing to play around, you could bait it out and wait it out. Barrier took skill to use and skill to play against. Heal is just your opponents having X more health, a speed boost, and a counter to ignite if they're a drain tank.

Counterplay is an important part of making a fun and competitive game, heal has extremely limited counterplay and the counter to heal's counter is taking more heals, which is fucking stupid.

The only good thing about the heal meta is it makes Miss Fortune feel better about herself.[/b]
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:a speed boost, and a counter to ignite if they're a drain tank.
Yes. Those are the interesting parts of heal. As opposed to the interesting part of barrier, which is the nothing.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Barrier could stand to be a little more interesting than an X HP shield.

Also, Braum is out. Holy what.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

i am so pumped about giving mustaches to poros
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

Post by icyshadowlord »

Why is Pantheon so fun to play?

Also, why is his Ultimate so damned hard to aim?
"Lurker and fan of random stuff." - Icy's occupation
sabs wrote:And Yes, being Finnish makes you Evil.
virgil wrote:And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

icyshadowlord wrote:Why is Pantheon so fun to play?

Also, why is his Ultimate so damned hard to aim?
He's an all-in champ who has a passive that lets him build full damage and still duel high damage targets and turret dive. He's practically the definition of fun. That and ruthless (aka pantless) Pantheon.

3 second delay is hard to aim, even with a friggen ~600 radius. At least you can cancel it early on! I usually just play it safe and aim way too far behind people unless we're behind, then it's #yolo time.

Also, I just played a game with the Curse jungler. I think it was him, his ign was "Crs iwd" and I think they've got rules against faking. That and he did really well as Nocturne. We had Nocturne, TF, and Shen, it was a pretty stupid game for the other team once we all hit 6.

They nerfed heal spam! Yay.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sandmann wrote:

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Pseudo, if you ever make it to the LCS, can you give a shout-out to the den?
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

When I get into the LCS I'm going to make my ign roosterbarrel at the very least.

Even if I was good enough (I'm not) I don't play often enough to ping on anyone's radar. I'd stream but I don't have a schedule that would support it.

In dreamland: I'm 49 lp in diamond 1, which is about the level people start saying you're good and not just absurdly lucky. I'd join a challenger team if I was ever offered and didn't have to quit my job for it, but there's no way in hell that's happening. It'd be a fun experience to have though.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I can't believe that name isn't taken.

If you get challenger, I will fund that.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I might end up streaming today at a friend's house. My hardware is good enough to stream, but I'm not sure how good my friend's connection is because fuck Comcast in the ear.

If I do, it'll be at http://www.twitch.tv/BigSkler. It took me 4 tries to guess what password I had used for that account. It will be titled after the $2.99 Walgreen's beer we'll be drinking.
sandmann wrote:

rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I just played a game against Twitch for the first time. Gave up first blood because I didn't realize how bad trading hits with him can be. That little bit of extra True Damage doesn't sound like much, but it sure adds up if he hits you a few times. I may have to start playing him more.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

How do you have 0 broadcasts and 3 follower?
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I've streamed twice before now, they must be from them. No idea why my broadcasts are at 0.

I just had an amazing game as Brand. Gave up FB during an invade, but we had a 3-man level 1-3 top fight when our Vi stole their red to react to their invade and I came out with 3 kills and that made the game 3-3. Then our bot lane did well and we took a dragon too, so I got to the point where Brand destroys teamfights super early and every time they grouped I could just ult and they'd fall apart. I couldn't crush my opponent in lane in spite of my early sorc shoes (Mpen and MS are Brand's best friends) because it was Kayle, but her ult is pretty much useless against a fed aoe monster so she didn't contribute too much.

This win streak is going to end some day, but it's so fun.
sandmann wrote:

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Double post because I beat TheOddOne.

I got pretty carried though, all I ever did was initiate and tank their initial burst because I fell behind as Pantheon. Building tank panth feels so bad.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Got into Gold I!

Gragas is amazing right now. I can just lock him and say "fill anything but adc" and nobody complains.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

So, Allstars- the French are fucking batshit about esports. Pomelo played a bunch of Pantheon, and the entire crowd started chanting "THIS IS SPARTA" whenever he got a kill. They were chanting and cheering for CS, for ward kills, for absolutely everything.